Harsh ride

Norm Tyler

Hi Guys, I know this is going to get some of you to wonder why I bought this but stay with me a minute. I'm the proud owner on a new 2014 86GTS auto, just picked it up yesterday from the dealer and I absolutely love it Anyone who would look at me would clearly say its a mid life crisis and well I would not disagree LOL. Didn't buy it for its sport credentials just the sheer good looks. Test drove the GT version and that felt very different, I'm finding the ride on the 86GTS to be quite harsh on anything except the freeway. I don't mind,I expected it to be firm but the wife is giving me all kinds of grief over it. Need to soften it up a bit, don't need to feel every ripple in the road, I wont be racing it, have my motorcycles for that! Any ideas would be appreciated, have been offered to change the wheels and tyres over to the GT model by the dealer as they have a smaller rim and higher tyre wall but not taken up that offer yet, I do love the GTS wheel rims though but its a small price to pay for some marital peace.

could it be that the GTS model have different springs/suspension ? like a sport package ?

and im guessing by gts - the s is a sport,

dont really know much about 86 tbh

Yes I took a GT for a ride yesterday with the standard smaller rim and larger wall tyre and the difference is huge, also the seats appear to be somehow more comfortable but I'm told they are the same seat. Trouble is now the wife is just real against the car and I love it.... stalemate!

There's a near new set on eBay and they come up quite often for sale, also each state seems to have it's own Facebook page with classifieds. I have seen a few sets for sale in WA

• 2 weeks later...

Yep solved it! changed the wheels to 16" rims fitted 205/55R 16 tyres and the difference is amazing, rides much better and still feels great. Not expensive either, got them from Bob Jane T Marts. Keeping the originals if I need to swap over later. Martial bliss at last!