Where I can change Camry's headlights?

Andy_Pandy

G'day gents.

Any recommendaton for adding xenon headlights to camry (2008) Altise AUTO???

Adding fog lights??? (It's a camry without fog lights version)

Btw, any good reputation or good quality car stores can be recommended?

Cheers.

Hi Andy, how much do you want to spend on your new set of HID? Your 2008 model camry has already projector headlight so it perfect for an upgrade

Hi Andy, I don't recommend Supercheap or ebay HID kits as they are poorly design and won't last longer then six months. I would spend a little more and get a set that is made in Japan or the US or even Germany. There is a small company in the US that deal with after market head light conversion, they called therestrofitsource.com - they have some good products but can be a bit pricy.

Hope it help you man. Good luck

Cheers

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hey Old Man. I've went through the website u said. I have no clue how to install HID kits system.

There are two results I've found according to my Camry Altise 2008 version.

Here's the link.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems.html

Does that mean I can take off my old lights and plug in the new one once I purchase it.

Or should I go to any workshop for help?

Thank you very much.

Ta .

Hi Andy, I don't recommend Supercheap or ebay HID kits as they are poorly design and won't last longer then six months. I would spend a little more and get a set that is made in Japan or the US or even Germany. There is a small company in the US that deal with after market head light conversion, they called therestrofitsource.com - they have some good products but can be a bit pricy.

Hope it help you man. Good luck

Cheers

Hi Andy,

I'm worried when you say you have no clue how to install the HID light. The HID are almost pug and play system and don't require to much wire cutting as such. I don't want you to damage your car electrical system trying to install them your self, may be it is best if you could ask a friend that have knowledge to help you. I am more than happy to guide you through the process if you take some pictures so i can tell you what to do. Any way that website is good but I have another guy that sell them here in Aus and he sell them quite cheap. I bought one set from this guy before and it has been running good. To find this seller, go on to eBay Australia and search for Vikom. Just make sure you buy the 5000K light temp.

Cheers and good luck

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

I'm worried when you say you have no clue how to install the HID light. The HID are almost pug and play system and don't require to much wire cutting as such. I don't want you to damage your car electrical system trying to install them your self, may be it is best if you could ask a friend that have knowledge to help you. I am more than happy to guide you through the process if you take some pictures so i can tell you what to do. Any way that website is good but I have another guy that sell them here in Aus and he sell them quite cheap. I bought one set from this guy before and it has been running good. To find this seller, go on to eBay Australia and search for Vikom. Just make sure you buy the 5000K light temp.

Cheers and good luck

Hey Old man.

What if I just change the low beam headlight to make it brighter (or maybe a bit more white )???

I'm using PHILIPS H7 12V 55W.

Please see the attached photos.

If can't see the image.

Please click the link:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Philips-Headlight-Globe-X-tremeVision-H7-55W.aspx?pid=358321&menuFrom=40101#Recommendations

I also found another model of PHILIPS.

Link:http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Philips-Headlight-Globe-WhiteVision-H7-55W.aspx?pid=358327&menuFrom=40101#Recommendations

looks like more white light, if it does help, I reckon I'm gonna buy this. What do you reckon?

Btw, there is a brand called Narva. Have no clue about this brand and quality. Do you know about that?

Here's the search result I've found in supercheapauto webpage.

Link:http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/batteries-and-electrical/bulbs-and-fuses/headlight-bulbs.aspx?id=40101&variant1=H7

Thank you very much.

Andy