Aurion TRD's

c63ang

Hey would anyone have any clue whatsoever if the Aus Toyota team is developing a new model of the TRD Aurion?

Not a chance! TRD no longer exist in Australia.

i was considering the 2007 TRD for its supercharger, but I'm also keen for the 2012 Aurion Sportivos because of its new look and features, especially the sports paddle shifters :P.

Call me crazy, but i've had thoughts of putting the 07' TRD supercharger into the new 2012 sportivo seeming they have the same engine etc. I know it will be a big job considering the ECU etc but its something i feel will be a great project, but some other part of me says don't waste my time and money. Thats why I was wondering if they were going to develop a new TRD.

C:

Ecu, suspension, brakes..

That's just the start.

Pretty sure it would be cheaper to adapt paddle shifters to the older model. A guy bought my TRD wheels from me and put them in the new sportivo.

Personally I don't like the way they look. Too much plastic going on.

• Like 1

Toyota is a champion and making boring and bland cars. Even the brz thing with Subaru lacks any real fun.

I have been looking at replacing my TRD. For awhile, and have been eye balling a ISF only to be told it can't tow things.

I modify jetski's with aftermarket turbo kits, the only turbo you will see in a camry is when it's strapped onto a diesel engine.

On the plus side my TRD Aurion is awd now. In wheel electric motors with some decent capacitors and batteries is what I am playing with. Acceleration is brutal :)

Edited by retro

My god retro, if you don't mind making a new thread with pictures and details on this modification, I think you'll be hailed as a genius (At the very least by me!)

That's just the start.

Pretty sure it would be cheaper to adapt paddle shifters to the older model. A guy bought my TRD wheels from me and put them in the new sportivo.

Man i totally agree with your point. Although i personally don't mind the new aurion design, i must say the older aurion bodykit looks waaaay better. Another reason for me to consider the 07 TRD Aurion.

Also, whats the complexity level of installing the paddle shifters retro?

C:

i have no idea.

i'll post up more about awd stuff when i have time. it actually wasn't that hard. i need boot space with baby so all thay has been pulled out. and it was from a friends all electric rx7.

i am time poor atm. alot of work on and alot of turbo conversions to do.

That's just the start.

Man i totally agree with your point. Although i personally don't mind the new aurion design, i must say the older aurion bodykit looks waaaay better. Another reason for me to consider the 07 TRD Aurion.

Also, whats the complexity level of installing the paddle shifters retro?

C:

I will have all that you need to convert your model to supercharged I will be wrecking a trd aurion in the next couple of weeks it has wiring loom ecu and everything associated with the supercharger :) Let me know if your interested

I will have all that you need to convert your model to supercharged I will be wrecking a trd aurion in the next couple of weeks it has wiring loom ecu and everything associated with the supercharger :) Let me know if your interested

Ye thanks heaps man. I'll keep this in mind.

Also, would anyone have an idea if they know a shop that can fabricate a grill for the 2012 model?

A re RETRO,,, TRD ISNT ALL THAT.

YES IM PROBABLY ANGRY I BLEW MY WHOLE ENGINE, BUT DONT THINK ITS ALL THAT, ,,

COMMODORE V8 (6BOLT) LOAD EM UP 5 PASSENGERS AND DRIVE ALL DAY.

THEY WILL NEVER BLOW