Hilux v8 Radiator

jbe77s

Greetings to one and all.

Was curious to see if anyone else had a v8 Hilux and what sort of radiator they had in it. I have a 79 RN46 model with a Holden 308, standard 4 speed with a LN46 radiator and 16 inch thermo fan. Only problem is it gets hot when not running at speed, arouns 40 kph or under even with the fan. Was looking for alternatives to keep this one cool, as its 4WD capabilities are nil. It runs straight gas, goes like a dream on the road now it has a 3.58 centre in the back from 4.875, front diff not yet changed over. When time permits!!

Hi mate

I had an 86 xtra cab that had a 253 in it (conversion not done by me) and that had a HJ75 radiator in it - i think the top (and poss bottom) of the tank was slightly modified to allow for the top cooling hose but otherwise it was a good fit - thermo fan wont help that much if you dont have enough volume of water in the radiator

cheers

• 1 month later...

Hey I have a 2wd 93 hilux with a worked 253 in it. To keep it cool I am running a davies craig electric water pump and I bought a alloy 2 pass radiator for a hotrod from ian boettchers motorsport and welded custom brackets on it. im running twin 10" thermos on the outside. I can idle in the shed with the doors closed and the temp wont budge past 90. Hope this helps