average fuel consumption 2010 camry

EK1

Hi,

just wondering if my fuel consumption is right or not. I own a 2010 model camry altise auto and use E10 petrol. I drive mainly in the suburbs which is usually 60km/h speed limit but do go through 70km/h
speed limits. I get 14.14L per 100km, what are you guys getting?

thanks

Edited by EK1

Hello,

For a comparison my 2007 Camry which should be identical enginewise averages 10-11/100km in city/suburban driving so same conditions as you. I use 91ULP only. Car was averaging 13.5L/100km when i first got it. If this is high milage car, see if spark plugs been swapped recently, should be 90,000 service - this will also effect milage.

Recommended tyre pressure for camry on the manufacturers placard is just way too low so could be a factor - ofcourse there is your driving style, correct tyre pressure, fuel used and how many people/items you carry to keep in mind.

Edited by Distress

Hello,

For a comparison my 2007 Camry which should be identical enginewise averages 10-11/100km in city/suburban driving so same conditions as you. I use 91ULP only. Car was averaging 13.5L/100km when i first got it. If this is high milage car, see if spark plugs been swapped recently, should be 90,000 service - this will also effect milage.

Recommended tyre pressure for camry on the manufacturers placard is just way too low so could be a factor - ofcourse there is your driving style, correct tyre pressure, fuel used and how many people/items you carry to keep in mind.

oh ic. i usually drive with 2 people in the car sometimes 3. i pump

the tyres with 36psi ( is this enough). i drive like a granny ( slowly) i

use e10

also i've only done 32,609 kms

Edited by EK1

2012 Camry. I also drive daily to work about 30km each way. I get about 10/100km and fill up with 95 or regular unleaded (not e10) when I can get it. When I did a drive to Dubbo and back last month I got 7.5/100km. City driving economy is depressing.

E10 has a lower energy density than traditional unleaded, therefore the car has to use more of it to get the same energy output. Try using 91/95, not sure if you'll find that much difference between the two though as the Camry is designed to use RON91 fuel and the extra octane might be put to waste, you'd definitely see an increase in fuel efficiency vs. E10 though.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the 2014 Camry 2.5 engine. Very happy with fuel consumption. 6.5 litres/100 km on country driving, 8 around our small town. Admittedly I am a very light footed driver, always use 95 fuel. I have had the car 3 months and done 2000 km. :clap:

Edited by Uncle Les

I have the 2014 Camry 2.5 engine. Very happy with fuel consumption. 6.5 litres/100 km on country driving, 8 around our small town. ................. :clap:

Wow! That is astonishingly low. Is that an automatic transmission car too?

I have a 21 year old manual transmission Toyota Camry. I have yet to do extensive checks, but on first fill up, I calculated it did around 9ltr/100 klms. That was for short trips to town and such. I'm using 91 octane fuel.

Indeed Jim it is low, from my place into town (Batemans Bay) is 5 km, 2 sets of lights and one roundabout, often non stop. Toyota has done a lot of tweaking with the new 2.5 litre engine with 6 speed auto transmission. My car is fitted with fuel computer so spot on. It is as fuel efficient as my previous car a 2010 Hyundai i30 2 litre.

I use 95 fuel and I got the 6.5 figures on drives out on the Princes Hwy to southern Sydney and to Narooma, I don't drive much over 90 km/h. I reckon I could get 1000 km per tank on a trip, amazing.

Yes I am very happy with my Camry..Oh what a feeling..TOYOTA. :clap:

Edited by Uncle Les