2005-2008 hilux history pre purchase enquiry

Anthonypg87

G'day folks,

I'm looking at buying a dual cab turbo diesel 5spd 4x4 hilux between 05 to 08 depending on the price range. Now I've heard of a few things go wrong with the engines such as valve seal leaking and contaminating the engine oil, water pumps failing and injector issues.

All the cars I have looked at are well over the 200km mark and already gone through this issue and been resolved. so are these repeating issues or is that it allowing for a long life engine that will keep on going there. Also any idea on the average life expectancy my biggest question is this a car worth buying . All feed back will be much appreciated

The fact that they've been thru' it doesn't exclude it repeating. They're poor models. I recommend avoiding them. I think it's the D4D motor. It apparently can be aoided by strict, frequent injector seal replacement, but I won't gaurantee that. If you get one, it would be very wise to drop the sump and check/replace the pickup/screen, and then keep on top of it by checking again every, say, 30,000km? Particularly if your motor is doing a lot of hard work, generating much heat......