Rear strut brace for Sportivo ZZE123

Bichrome

I've been lurking around this site for some time now and finally decided to make an account so please go easy on me if this topic has already been specifically covered. I wanted to know if there are rear strut braces for the ZZE123 that join directly to the strut section itself (being that when the strut bar is bolted into place the brace gets bolted with it) or if I have to settle for this (which seems to connect to the chassis directly above; this gives me converns about the rigidity and effectiveness of the setup): http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Sportivo-Rear-Tower-Strut-Bar-Summit-Racing-Equipment-/111078954610?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACorolla&hash=item19dcd25672

Any information on this would be fantastic, so thanks are due in advance.

• 8 months later...

I've got one of these, got it from same ad, too. Gonna put it onto my 05 in next week or 2, so can let u know what effect it has on handling. Do you have a front upper brace or rear anti-roll bar also on your car

My mate has one that connects directly to the top of the strut, however you won't be able to use it if you get coilovers as that's where the dampening adjustment knob goes. He's on stock struts + King springs so it fits.

Any strengthening helps so I'm sure you'll still benefit greatly from the chassis brace. A thicker torsion beam/rear sway bar does wonders as well

• Like 1