2013 Camry Keyless Entry Key fob Duplication issue

Daniel Huynh

As an inexperienced buyer I bought the car from Pickles with only one remote key. I only found out this when all transactions have done. The car is in exceptionally good condition, so I'm not that upset, but it didn't come with a really good price. I asked Toyota, they told me it will cost 350 for the key, cutting and programming.

They also said the spare key won't start the car, which I totally don't buy in. Yes it won't open glove box and boot but what the key is for if it won't start the car. What I think is if I have the master key, which I do, I can register in the spare key to the car computer, then it should be programmed. The spare key costs $65. Plus cutting and transponder programming I think, they won't do anything for free there (I got my service there, it was excellent, but costly, no parts were replaced and it costs 300 for the service and oil and TOOLS and SUNDRIES KITS. 300 is fine, but given it is just the basic scheduled service, it is a bit much for me, I will come to other place next time)

My question is whether exactly looking remote key from ebay sellers in the US (with G stamp) can work on my car. I'm worried about the frequency. Has anyone have experience of this? I can't find the frequency of my remote. Anyone has this figure by any chance? The sellers' one in US is 314.4 Mhz though.

Please help me out. 350 for a key is too much. I am not going to work for a few days to buy a key. There are thousands other things of the car too. All answers are much appreciated. Thanks.

I can get a lot of the aftermarket remotes in or supply a non remote key that you can code in. I have a feeling though that SOME of the G keys still need to be done diagnostically.

If is is just a spare I recommend not getting a remote key, what is the point of spending all that money for a key to stay in your top draw :)

The most important thing though is that you have the master key... Don't loose it or you will be looking at $3,000 to replace it :)

well my original one that I currently use has a key. even though its "keyless". never used the key tho.

The key in the prox keys is only for when you need to manually unlock the car by the door lock. Like a flat battery in your car or your key.

I can get a lot of the aftermarket remotes in or supply a non remote key that you can code in. I have a feeling though that SOME of the G keys still need to be done diagnostically.

If is is just a spare I recommend not getting a remote key, what is the point of spending all that money for a key to stay in your top draw :)

The most important thing though is that you have the master key... Don't loose it or you will be looking at $3,000 to replace it :)

I just got some information. It's actually simple. Buy a toyota techstream with installation disc. Plug into the car and connect with laptop on the other end. Choose an option on the software. Put in the already cut key and do whatever next. Total cost for a nonremote key is about 30$. Not sure of remote one. Some said one made in Thailand would work

I just got some information. It's actually simple. Buy a toyota techstream with installation disc. Plug into the car and connect with laptop on the other end. Choose an option on the software. Put in the already cut key and do whatever next. Total cost for a nonremote key is about 30$. Not sure of remote one. Some said one made in Thailand would work

You can do it that way, or... I can tell you how to to it on board with your existing master key. No point in buying the Chinese ripoff version of Techstream.

Cost for a non remote key if going genuine is around $40 for the key, get it cut to code will be another $30.. programming it in yourself, free..

If you don't have a master key... it gets pricy and Techstream isn't going to help.

You can do it that way, or... I can tell you how to to it on board with your existing master key. No point in buying the Chinese ripoff version of Techstream.

Cost for a non remote key if going genuine is around $40 for the key, get it cut to code will be another $30.. programming it in yourself, free..

If you don't have a master key... it gets pricy and Techstream isn't going to help.

Uwow you are such a master Mr2. Really, can we bypass it without Techstream for 2013 model.

Any idea if an Asian remote key with the same frequency will work? Someone told me it has the same frequency, 433.92mhz, but the chipboard looks really different.

Can I get the genuine transponder key from you Mister? $40 is extremely good compared to 220$ from dealer. I also get this 40$ price from Asia. They also quote me $100 for a blank remote integrated one, but Im not sure if it will work.

Yes, I still want a remote key for the reason that we all know technology fails times. My only remote key will probably die in 3-5 years time right. Even if I sell the car, it's always better that way. But if it's so hard to get a cheap one then forget it.

Again, I'm losing hope on Australian locksmiths. Been to a few, they sticked it into their whatever machine and shook their head "No can't do it". It's not that hard to get updated with tech is it? Even I can find out with google.

Edited by Daniel Huynh

The reason they can't do it is because they don't know what they are doing :) :)

All I do are cars so I know a little bit about it.

If they stuck it in their machine and said they can't do it then I'm guessing your key has a "G" stamped just under the plastic. What most places do is clone the key, this copies the transponder information from the original key and puts it on a new chip. The "G" key can not be done as the encryption on the key makes in unclonable ( For now)

The $220 that you were quoted from the dealer would be for a blank remote key, uncut and unprogrammed.

Yes some of the Chinese keys work, but also a lot of them don't so it's up to you if you want to take the risk.

If you have any issues getting prices or straight answers from the dealer you can PM me your VIN ( Don't post it here) and I can get back to you with the part numbers and prices for a genuine remote and non remote key.

The reason they can't do it is because they don't know what they are doing :) :)

All I do are cars so I know a little bit about it.

If they stuck it in their machine and said they can't do it then I'm guessing your key has a "G" stamped just under the plastic. What most places do is clone the key, this copies the transponder information from the original key and puts it on a new chip. The "G" key can not be done as the encryption on the key makes in unclonable ( For now)

The $220 that you were quoted from the dealer would be for a blank remote key, uncut and unprogrammed.

Yes some of the Chinese keys work, but also a lot of them don't so it's up to you if you want to take the risk.

If you have any issues getting prices or straight answers from the dealer you can PM me your VIN ( Don't post it here) and I can get back to you with the part numbers and prices for a genuine remote and non remote key.

Absolutely. It has a G stamp. I didn't know how the G really works but now I do. Lol. Thanks for the illumination. Lol. Yeh the other day a locksmith even asked me what the G was and what it did when he found out his stuff can't duplicate the key. I just replied it just meant a more secured way against breaking into the system. He looked at me very doubtful and sorry. Lol. Believe me I'm not at all fascinated by this G. People can still steal your vehicle by few other ways right. Even that if you park in the wrong place or get hated by someone your car can still get key scratched or a flat tyre no matter of the G or H key. Lol. It is the matter how you keep it well. More security makes the car more expensive making it more tempting to be stolen making people more advanced in their thievery profession. Excuse me but this technology seems to me at the moment is to bring more income to dealers. It is the same thing goes for computer virus and anti virus software. Never ending money and time wasting journey.

If you're planning to order your key from overseas make sure that their part number is the same as the Australian version. I know for Lexus keyless remotes, there are numerous different frequencies: Japan, Taiwan, China, Korea, Singapore, Australia, Russia, etc. all have difference frequencies and can't be used interchangeably. Some models have the same frequencies as the US though and the keys can be imported from there but you have to be absolutely certain that the part numbers match.

I suspect it would be the same for Toyota too. New Zealand also has the same frequency as Australia too if I can remember correctly.

Remote key

Price and part number

$240 - 89070 06480

Non remote

$45 - 89786 60220

These prices are just for the key, they still need to be cut and coded. Like I said earlier if you code in the keys the only extra cost you have to worry about is cutting, which will be around $30... GET THEM CUT TO CODE, NOT A COPY.

Remote key

Price and part number

$240 - 89070 06480

Non remote

$45 - 89786 60220

These prices are just for the key, they still need to be cut and coded. Like I said earlier if you code in the keys the only extra cost you have to worry about is cutting, which will be around $30... GET THEM CUT TO CODE, NOT A COPY.

Cool. I will get non remote one. Where are you mr2? Any locksmith can do the cutting job right? Please send me intruction how to code the key in when I buy it. Thanks

I am in Adelaide so no use to you :)

Yes, any locksmith SHOULD be able to do this... not a key cutter in the shopping centre :)

I will look up the programming later and get back to you.

I am in Adelaide so no use to you :)

Yes, any locksmith SHOULD be able to do this... not a key cutter in the shopping centre :)

I will look up the programming later and get back to you.

I got a locksmith contact. He can do for $20. Yes please send it to me. I won't be travelling to Adelaide on my car. I just did a trip with it Syd-Melb 4pm-4am and it was a freaking freaking nightmare. Everone sped in nsw jurisdiction, upto 140. I couldn't but follow bc people kept changing lane bc of me doing 110. But when coming to vic I saw cameras and flash lights, so I was cruising at 110, but still got flashed at. Im waiting to see what will happen. And kangaroo head tail flesh and blood, ****, just too much for a 22 yo. I went self washing the car at 4am bc Im sick of blood. Lol

You wont be getting it from me for that price :)

Phone your dealer and get it from them. If I sell it to you I have to add mark up, labor to cover my time to go and pick it up and postage. And why not use a locksmith in town. Actually, if you have a locksmith contact why didn't you just ask him about keys??

You wont be getting it from me for that price :)

Phone your dealer and get it from them. If I sell it to you I have to add mark up, labor to cover my time to go and pick it up and postage. And why not use a locksmith in town. Actually, if you have a locksmith contact why didn't you just ask him about keys??

I have already asked. They offered me higher price. Much higher for just a non remote one. Tho its just bit more for the remote one. Dont actually know why.