Problems with lowering?

Syica

I just got new rims (19x8 (265?)) and after installed, they look mint but don't seem to sit right, is there a certain point where lowering it becomes a problem? I feel as if I lower my car too much (50mm) then I will have problems. What are the risks of lowering my car 50mm and has anyone dropped 50mm? Should I just stick to 30mm? Thanks in advance.

FRONTS: 10721137_773062826086372_905859832_n.jpg

REARS: 10723115_773062809419707_1958828228_n.jp

What are you going to lower it with? Springs or coilovers? Coilovers at least allow adjustment of height but obviously a couple more $.

Given that you've gone for 19x8 I don't think you'll run into many (if any) issues at that height. Mine is lower and sitting on wider wheels so sometimes scrubs a bit on the wheel (plastic) arches.

Risks? entry/exit angles of driveways, speedbumps, the boys in blue etc... Not sure what your rules in QLD are but in VIC the lowest part of the car has to be above 100mm. I don't know what dropping the car 50mm will reduce the height to.

• Like 1

The lowest clearance point I could find is 180mm (under car) and 190mm on kit. So lowering would sit me at around 140mm (visable) and 130mm clearance. I'll be lowering on ssl king springs. How much have you lowered your car? What springs and what height are you sitting now with what problems?

Yeah I used to have the King springs, nice ride still and not a pain in the a** to drive around. On the stock wheels it was a nice drop with no issues, but once I went with 19x9.5 rears it started scrubbing like a b*tch.

I now have coilovers and dropped a fair bit lower. Body currently sits about 70mm off the ground. I have 19x8.5 on the front which only scrubs on larger bumps. The rear at 19x9.5 also scrubs on big bumps, even with no-one in the back. Passengers in the back = LOTS more scrubbing. I also have silly offsets on the wheels which push the wheels right out to the outer edges of the guards but yours look fine in the pics.

That is with all 4 wheel arches/guards rolled, and the rears flared out too. Tires are also stretched a bit. You MAY need to get your guards rolled but that's relatively cheap and easy, see how you go.

Problems: stupidly low for a daily, some speedbumps are simply not gonna happen, driveways unless almost flat = forget it, front bumper is a lot lower than car park curbs = know the length of your car lol. BUT, on the King springs didn't really have any of those issues.

Thanks alot of the insight, did you have rolled guards when you had kings? what type of king springs? low or super low? Even super super low? :D thanks

There is only one one set of lowered springs for the aurions, not like commos haha

oh, on ebay they are advertising LOW (30mm drop) or Super low (50mm drop)

thanks for the information - couzellion do you have any photos of how it sat with kings? :) thanks

Yeah there's only Super Lows for Kings.

On Kings, no issues what-so-ever with the stock (17") wheels rubbing so no rolling or flaring. Can't find any photos of mine but surely someone on here has shots of an aurion with King springs on stockies (17") and on 19". On 17s, rear tire was tucked in just a bit and front was maybe an inch of gap.

I only had the issues with Kings and 19" as the rears are 9.5" wide on a stupid offset. Looked mint but a shredded tire not so much. Since yours are only 8", I can't see it scrubbing on anything unless your offset pushes it way out to the guards.

@ Syica lowered mine with King springs... Around 30mm down with a 19x8.5 wrapped in 245/40R19 Maxxis Tyres... I didn't want to go too low due to the hassle of speed humps... Gutters and the parking lots concrete stoppers... And this is low enough for me to look the part without the boys in blue worrying me. 910$ fitted and four wheel alignment from Fulcrum .... Hope this help

post-36554-0-92946700-1413775114_thumb.p

post-36554-0-88450700-1413775166_thumb.p