Hi guys. I have a 2013 corolla ascent sport and looking to mod it.

Atm I have

White led Parker and license plate lights.

Removed the ascent sport badge.

Near finished plasti dipping the external chrome trimming black.

Sunraysia 16x7 with falken 225/50/16

Also have a kicker sub and amp wired to stock touch screen media player

player.

HID Kit coming soon.

Looking for simple performance mods.

Id love some advice on what breathing parts to get. Obviously headers, high flow cat and cai. But need suggestions on brand and pricing.

ALSO id love some coilovers but once again, need help on brand and pricing.

Hoping to get muffler to keep noise down or varex muffler so I have options.

Not looking to track this thing, it's my daily. Just wanna give it a few defining characteristics and a lil extra kick.

Much appreciated guys

• Like 1

You might want to think carefully about any modifications that increase vehicle noise. A 2013 Corolla needs to comply with ADR83/00, which is extremely strict as regards noise - specifically exhaust noise when measured using a specific stationary test and also overall vehicle noise when performing a specific drive-by test (mind you, in Australia we only appear to use the stationary noise test for in-service vehicles).

Your 2013 Corolla hatch cannot measure any more than 83 dB in the stationary exhaust noise test. The stock car is already 78 dB and my TRD axleback exhaust is already just under the legal limit (82.7 dB which rounds down to 82 dB under the legislation). The TRD exhaust is one of the quietest exhausts around -even quieter than a stock Toyota Yaris exhaust. Most aftermarket exhausts will push the Corolla into illegal territory since the lenience allowed from stock is so small these days (as mentioned, there is only a 5 dB allowance given for your 2013 Corolla).

As for Varex exhausts, you would need to check for legality issues in Queensland. Here in NSW, they are illegal since they are considered to be a temporary noise reduction device which is outlawed under clause 18 of our Protection of the Environment Act (Noise Control) 2008. If you were caught with a Varex by the police here in NSW, you would get a $200 fine for having the actual exhaust installed. If the police happened to have EPA personnel with them (and they sometimes do), there would be an additional $400 fine for the noise it makes.

To be honest I just don't think it would be worthwhile, since you would only need to be pulled over by the police or have someone report your exhaust noise and you would be in trouble. The breathing mods could also be suspect as they obviously increase the overall noise signature of the vehicle.

Personally I couldn't really car less about aftermarket induction and exhaust mods (within reason and when used at acceptable times of day / night) but rules are rules and you need to understand what you are getting into.

Edited by Rattle Rattleson

You might want to think carefully about any modifications that increase vehicle noise. A 2013 Corolla needs to comply with ADR83/00, which is extremely strict as regards noise - specifically exhaust noise when measured using a specific stationary test and also overall vehicle noise when performing a specific drive-by test (mind you, in Australia we only appear to use the stationary noise test for in-service vehicles).

Your 2013 Corolla hatch cannot measure any more than 83 dB in the stationary exhaust noise test. The stock car is already 78 dB and my TRD axleback exhaust is already just under the legal limit (82.7 dB which rounds down to 82 dB under the legislation). The TRD exhaust is one of the quietest exhausts around -even quieter than a stock Toyota Yaris exhaust. Most aftermarket exhausts will push the Corolla into illegal territory since the lenience allowed from stock is so small these days (as mentioned, there is only a 5 dB allowance given for your 2013 Corolla).

As for Varex exhausts, you would need to check for legality issues in Queensland. Here in NSW, they are illegal since they are considered to be a temporary noise reduction device which is outlawed under clause 18 of our Protection of the Environment Act (Noise Control) 2008. If you were caught with a Varex by the police here in NSW, you would get a $200 fine for having the actual exhaust installed. If the police happened to have EPA personnel with them (and they sometimes do), there would be an additional $400 fine for the noise it makes.

To be honest I just don't think it would be worthwhile, since you would only need to be pulled over by the police or have someone report your exhaust noise and you would be in trouble. The breathing mods could also be suspect as they obviously increase the overall noise signature of the vehicle.

Personally I couldn't really car less about aftermarket induction and exhaust mods (within reason and when used at acceptable times of day / night) but rules are rules and you need to understand what you are getting into.

how much was trd exhaust?

Do you have a picture of your wheel with this tyre on it? Im interested to see how it sits.

I would think that it would be bulging out? I recently got some 16x7 wheels which need new tyres

Thanks

Do you have a picture of your wheel with this tyre on it? Im interested to see how it sits.

I would think that it would be bulging out? I recently got some 16x7 wheels which need new tyres

Thanks

Its not that bad. Pics will come shortly. It's a fat rim, it sits a few millimetres out but is slowly self cambering in. You can get a 215 to sit on your wheels, it will give it a bit of a stretch.

The TRD exhaust was $600 AUD excluding delivery from Garage88 in Sydney. I fitted it myself so I don't know what any labour charge for fitting would be. IT comes with the internal gasket so you don't have to buy the part from Toyota, but I would recommend you buy two of the exhaust bolts from Toyota Australia as I feel these are superior to the ones supplied with the TRD exhaust. Keep in mind that the official TRD exhaust for the ZRE182 does not fit the Australian Corollas as it is designed only to fit the models with an independent rear end (ours are torsion beam as you would be aware). Furthermore, it requires that the rear bumper insert be replaced with a diffuser.

The exhaust I actually fitted was the one for the ZRE152 Corolla hatch (TRD part number MS153-12009). The exhaust hanger bracket on this exhaust is at a slightly different angle to the stock exhaust on the Australian ZRE182 hatch, so you will find that the exhaust hanger rubber has a very mild "twist" in it - but not enough to put any strain on it and most people would not even notice this unless they took a very hard look at it and were told about it. It never worried me, did not make the installation any more difficult and I have driven the car at speed over terrible pot-holed roads and it is perfectly secure. I also got breath tested over the weekend and the police were giving all pulled over cars the once over and they did not even have any comment about mine. That said, if you are handy with a welder and heating metal, you could either re-weld the bracket at the perfect angle or possibly even heat it and bend it (it is only out by maybe 10 degrees at the very most).

Thanks

Its not that bad. Pics will come shortly. It's a fat rim, it sits a few millimetres out but is slowly self cambering in. You can get a 215 to sit on your wheels, it will give it a bit of a stretch.

Ah right. I'll have to do a test fit to see if it fits my 2005 corolla- not sure how the offset will look like

I may end up just using a 205, which will be cheaper anyway