2003 estima Multi AV System and Nav

theppy2760

Hi there, newbie here, I have several questions for someone that knows

1. can I get English manual for the above system

2. how do I get the rear mounted monitor to turn on

3. is it possible to get operators manual and/or workshop manual for the 2003 3.0 Aeras Estima T

4. will any English map disc work in the above unit or does the computer/drive under seat need changing.

5. finally, is it possible to change parking sensor speech to English.

Just to add my vehicle has 80000klm, is as smooth as silk, awesome sounding system but no English, beautiful to drive, love it.

• 1 month later...

Yours is a common problem.

It is mostly bad news, to start with.

The original AV/GPS unit is just waiting for you to replace it with something that works in Australia.

The TV is NTSC, we use PAL. It is not digital. The GPS uses an entirely alien system which is impractical to modify.

I have just installed a locally supplied radio which has no CD player, therefore, no mechanical parts. It has built in Sat Nav,Touch screen, USB2 and Ipad plugs. Cost $120 + postage; total $136. to my local Post Office. Comes with Toyota harness.

Should be installed by someone who knows which way is up. Camera wiring was a bit tricky.

I am currently waiting for a CD of tech stuff. $8 ! I shall PM you the details, when it arrives, hopefully , this week.

Cheers, Davo.

much appreciated, can you tell me anything about the roof mounted monitor, even when a dvd is playing I cant seem to get the thing to turn on, is it possible it will only turn on with a remote of which I don't have, or should it turn on automatically when opened and dvd playing, even tried plugging a portable dvd player into the rear rca plugs on passenger rear side.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Davo446611,

You mentioned that "I have just installed a locally supplied radio which has no CD player, therefore, no mechanical parts. It has built in Sat Nav,Touch screen, USB2 and Ipad plugs ".

Could you please what the unit is and where you got it - need to replace the unit in my wifes Estima. Thank.

Hi Theppy2760

I don't have a roof mounted dvd player so don't know anything about them - curious though, is it Toyata fitted or aftermarket?

Cheers

• 1 year later...

sorry the reply took so long, it is factory fitted R.E.S  rear entertainment system, found an English diag sheet, but it still don't help with the jap writing, even tried a jap to English image translater, but it seems a symbol can have ten different meanings.

DIAGNOSTIC_GUIDE_FOR_REAR_SEAT_ENTERTAINMENT_SYSTEMS_T-EL010-05.pdf

I have the exact problem with the rear screen not working. I discovered that it is turned on by flipping the screen down. This action releases a small black button on the screen holder and turns the screen on. The remote control operates inputs, volume, etc and turns the screen off. I have tested the wires going to the screen and there is power. I’m suspecting the actual screen has had it. Besides you I have read other owners complaining of the same issue. Perhaps this is an inherent problem with the rear screens?

• 5 years later...
On 12/30/2014 at 7:20 PM, Davo446611 said:

Yours is a common problem.

It is mostly bad news, to start with.

The original AV/GPS unit is just waiting for you to replace it with something that works in Australia.

The TV is NTSC, we use PAL. It is not digital. The GPS uses an entirely alien system which is impractical to modify.

I have just installed a locally supplied radio which has no CD player, therefore, no mechanical parts. It has built in Sat Nav,Touch screen, USB2 and Ipad plugs. Cost $120 + postage; total $136. to my local Post Office. Comes with Toyota harness.

Should be installed by someone who knows which way is up. Camera wiring was a bit tricky.

I am currently waiting for a CD of tech stuff. $8 ! I shall PM you the details, when it arrives, hopefully , this week.

Cheers, Davo.

@Davo

can u kindly advise if the audio wiring harness costs $120 itself?

can u kindly share the android system u bought?

TIA