Engine Code reader

seaeagle

Jaycar have an OBD2 reader in their recent catalogue.

Are there any members who may know if this will work on a 2013 Sportivo SX6.

I understand the reader needs hooking up to a laptop, smart phone or tablet and an app purchased to get a decent display.

As the car is fairly new I would like to get a set of readings as a guide to troubleshoot any problems I may have in the future.

I believe the socket for plugging the reader in is somewhere under the steering column.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Went down a different track

Purchased module and software from Hong Kong for $24.(Techstream Diagnostic scanner for Toyota.)

Loaded the software into a Windows8 laptop. Virus scanning it indicated 6 Trojan infections on disc.

Contacted Hong Kong and they said it was against the law for them to send faulty products.

I eventually gave up after a week of corresponding. Did not load as It may have caused havoc in the car!!

There's some good U tube information using Bluetooth and Android applications worth having a look at.

I'm toying with the idea of going down the Android path and making up analog gauges on the computer for the sensors on the car.

The scanners don't list the Aurion but I think the 3.5l US Camry may be the same engine.

I've got one of those cheap units that connects via bluetooth, have used it with the app called Torque on my Android, excellent amount of information and ability to be customised.