Cruise Control for 1993 Camry.

Jim.

Can anyone suggest a suitable after market Cruise Control for a 1993 Toyota Camry please?

The ones that I have found advertised on ebay are not suitable for "ECU Speed Pulse Sensing".

I'm assuming my Camry does have this.

• 2 weeks later...

I just traded my '93 Camry in and owned it all of its life. Duing that time I tried to get cruise control for it (many years ago now) and could find no way to fit one. An auto electrician said he could do it but at an exorbitant price. Never really missed it though. Good luck but I don't like your chances.

Thanks Malaus.

I'm beginning to form the same conclusion.

How many kilometers had your 93 Camry done when you sold it? Manual trans or auto?

Edited by Jim.

Thanks Malaus.

I'm beginning to form the same conclusion.

How many kilometers had your 93 Camry done when you sold it? Manual trans or auto?

I can't remember but it was up there. The service book had run out of pages a couple of years ago. I always had its regular service on time. Was an auto transmission. The only extras I had fitted was a tow bar and central locking. Bloody wonderful car and I hated to part with it.

Problem was my wife died last year leaving me 2 cars to register etc. Hers was a 2011 Hyundai i30 and was due for tyres, registration, insurance & if sold privately a roadworthy. The Camry was (worth about $1500) and almost due for the rego (March) and would also need a roadworthy. So, logic said trade them both in. I got $1000 trade in for the Camry. (only $12k for i30).

I got 410,000 klms out of my last auto trans Camry. Only took it off the road due to a failed trans for the second time. It would cost more to fix than the value of the vehicle.

I much prefer this one which is manual. Approx 25% improvement in fuel economy and power.

I got 410,000 klms out of my last auto trans Camry. Only took it off the road due to a failed trans for the second time. It would cost more to fix than the value of the vehicle.

I much prefer this one which is manual. Approx 25% improvement in fuel economy and power.

Hi Jim, I never had an issue with mine other than a couple of engine mounts. Mind you I have a very good motor mechanic and always had it serviced on time every time. Really hurt to trade it in. Hopefully this new one will see me out barring accident. Bloody sight bigger though. Had to modify my driveway gates to make backing out easier. Now have 60 cm each side for the mirrors.