Fuel usage

Rod K

I have recently brought a Rav4 2013 2.2DT. All of the research I have done suggests I
should be getting around 6.5L/100Km, this includes the Toyota website. I am getting closer to
8L/100K. This includes a 800K highway trip. I got just over 630K on a full tank (60L).

I’ve been back to the dealer but they were no help at all. I have rung Toyota. They say they will look into it.

Is it just my car (my luck) or is this a common experience with the Rav4?

Hi Rod, if it is all wheel drive auto model which I assume (being Cruiser), I was told to expect around 8l per 100 km. I have the same issue with the same car same year / model. Someone from this forum said they get 6.5 l per 100 km. But it was from a same car model with manual gear box.

Cheers.

Hi Rod

maybe not related, but my 2013 rav4 2.2DT fuel consumption has gone up, and have just discovered my oil consumption also, and with the oil issue, my engine needs new head and pistons replaced under warranty

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Don't take any notice of what the computer tells you about the fuel consumption. (My diesel says around 7.5L/100klm.) It's best to work it out manually by measuring the fuel at the bowser and calculating it against the klm done. Also don't take any notice of the amount of klm's they say you've got left in the tank. It's all over the shop. So is the speedo. See elsewhere on the RAV4 forum. Keep an eye on the oil consumption and please, join the "Oil Consumption" forum.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I upgraded to a 2014 RAV 4 GXL @LT 2WD last May.

The salesman told us to expect approximately 600kms per tank.

From the day we left the showroom, we have been averaging between 450 & 500kms per tank. My wife is the usual driver and doesn't driver erratically.

Dash display reads 9.8LT/100kms which seems excessive.

The specifications list the RAV 4 as having a 60Lt fuel tank, despite this we have never put in more then 50LTs when refuelling despite the fuel gauge reading empty and 11 kms remaining on the dash cruising range display.

We are not a car savy family therefore I appreciate the feedback from all.

LJA,

I presume your RAV4 is petrol. I can't comment because I've got a diesel but just take note of my previous post on the 12th Feb. Don't trust car computers and salesmen!!

Cheers

Talbit