Hilux 2.4D LN105 engine swap

Matan

Hi all!

I have a 1995 4x4 Hilux 2.4D (engine 2L, no turbo).

Truck has some upgrades on it (diff ratio 4.88, dual transfer with 4.7, high steer, 33" tires) and now is the engine turn to be modified.

I'm looking for ideas for which engine will be the best fit. I saw some pickups with 1kz engine (and transmission as well but with adapter to to original transfer case). didnt like to idea much.

other option the i would like to have your input on is 5L engine (3.0 w/o turbo).

what's your opinion?

Matan

5L is easy swap-main difference is electricl connectors---u cn take the old ones off the 2L motor and transfer them. inlet and exhust sizes vary too. The later motors prob have more kW, but have efi-which I don't trust for reliability. 5Le can be retroed into a 5L by fitting the 5L fuel pump. I'm ASSUMING 2L/3L/5L fuel pumps are the same, just adjusted differently-Turbo versions have a boost compensator fitted to the (new) top plate. L series motors tend to big repairs around 250,000km, (heads, rings, w/pump, starter,alt.) but do another 200000+ after that. usually caused by cooling failure. the iron heads get hot and crack easily-turbo on 5L is risky-.as the head is already near its thermal limits there's no alloy heads apart from a chinese one for the first L series motor with the rocker head. Chinese clone new engines are available-$2K landed in Oz? See alibaba.com., OEM parts may not fit them!

u my need tougher gearbox for 5L, certainly for later motors.

MUST have 3x core radiator!

Edited by Manxman

First and most important thanks a lot!

you think it is possible to find 5L engine with 50K-100K Km?

i'm thinking of looking one with out turbo nor electronic fuel pump (or buy the 5L-E and convert it to the old pump) , hoping for relatively easy fitting and more power in comparing to my 400,000 KM 2L engine..

what is the cost to engine like this where you at? we just dont have this one here, i'll have to import one..

Matan