Whereis Maps & Pulls left a bit.

Rochefort

Hi Guys,

We just bought a 08 Aurion Sportivo SX6. :D Not sure what the official colour name is, but its a dark grey. Nice to drive too. Quietly sneaks up to the speadlimit in a hurry which the missus doesn't notice, or whine at :D

The dude we bought it off handed us a dvd with the upgraded maps saying we should be right to just bung it in. It doesn't look all that legit to me, has anyone ever stuck a non geniune DVD in and had a problem upgrading the maps?

Don't want to go breaking anything :S

Something else I noticed... Driving normally it tracks straight, no pulling that is noticable... GIve it a boot full and then it really pulls to the left. Guessing that isn't normal.

Thanks

Allan

The colour would be tungsten. The symptom of the car pulling sharply to the left is just torque steer. Given its the front wheel drive car, the amount of power pushed to the wheels just overwhelms it, because the front wheels are responsible for 2 jobs, driving the car and steering simultaneously. Perfectly normal for front wheel drive vehicles. Some FWD cars exhibit it more than others. Nothing to be worried about.

In regards to the SatNav and DVD question.

I have a 07 Presara and I'm assuming the two cars have the same/similar SatNav unit where there is a separate dvd slot for the Whereis DVD. In answer to your question, there is no issue with putting in a DVD that does not appear to be legit, it is just a maps DVD only and not software.

It is possible to insert DVD copies of the Whereis DVD into the unit, please keep in mind that the Whereis DVD's cost about $300 so it not a bad idea to copy the original DVD and keep it in a safe place and use a copy instead. Having a $300 DVD in a hot car all day every day may lead to deterioration of the disc.

Hope this helps.

The colour would be tungsten. The symptom of the car pulling sharply to the left is just torque steer. Given its the front wheel drive car, the amount of power pushed to the wheels just overwhelms it, because the front wheels are responsible for 2 jobs, driving the car and steering simultaneously. Perfectly normal for front wheel drive vehicles. Some FWD cars exhibit it more than others. Nothing to be worried about.

Not sure if all Toyotas do it, but Ballarat Toyota (where the original owner bought it from) included some touch up paint with the plastic cover that comes with manuals.. And you were bang on, Tungsten it is. It goes really well with tinted windows.

In regards to the SatNav and DVD question.

I have a 07 Presara and I'm assuming the two cars have the same/similar SatNav unit where there is a separate dvd slot for the Whereis DVD. In answer to your question, there is no issue with putting in a DVD that does not appear to be legit, it is just a maps DVD only and not software.

It is possible to insert DVD copies of the Whereis DVD into the unit, please keep in mind that the Whereis DVD's cost about $300 so it not a bad idea to copy the original DVD and keep it in a safe place and use a copy instead. Having a $300 DVD in a hot car all day every day may lead to deterioration of the disc.

Hope this helps.

It does, thanks :)