ESTIMA INSURANCE

dudedana

Hi All,

Newbie to the site - keep up the good work all.

Just wondering if there are any recent tips and suggestions for insuring an Estima in Australia?

Being labelled an import (which it is) is burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just bought a 2003 Estima in December 2014.

I have insurance with Nrma. I pay about $120 a month which is probably abit pricey but I could only find nrma and 1 other to insure it. Don't think there is much of a cheaper option. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

I have my Estima insured with Just Cars for just under $600 a year (full cover & unlimited mods.). Ended up being cheaper to just call them instead of doing online quotes.

No im in QLD. However, excess for someone on their learners is $1200 and insurance is only covered for me and my wife. That is why it was cheaper than other places we called, although they are cheaper but they have more rules to follow. But then they also do unlimited mods.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I picked up car and purchased only yesterday. I am in NSW, Shannons was $960 for Estima V6. So i went with Just Cars at $809. You have to call both and tell them what you have, as the website doesn't display all available models.

Shannons had only 3.0 G edition on web, when you call, they have 3.0 G, P and T also, but no L (mine)

Just Cars web has 2.4 only, so you have to call them, they placed me on 2.4, then made notes it's a 3.0.

With roadside assistance, I found Allianz at $79.95.

• 4 months later...

I just want to add to this topic. I got a few quotes before I made the decision to purchase my current car - 2005 Estima 3.0 V6 with 4WD. This was about 2 weeks ago (October 2015). Mind you I'm over 40 with maximum NCB. Here is the tally from most expensive to the cheapest for a full comprehensive insurance:

NRMA (the only online application that had a choice between a 2.4 and 3.0 litre engine) $1460 (2.4L) and $1505 (3.0L) exsess $800.

YOUI (have to call them) $1377 with excess of $750 (no difference between a 2.4 or a 3.0)

Shannons $1350 with excess of $550 ( have to call them and expain you are a motoring enthusiast)

Suncorp $1085 with excess of $1400 (for the 2.4) this was an online quote so I don't know what for a 3.0 (adjustment of excess possible which will change the final numbers somewhat).

Famous Car Insurance $852 with excess of $650 for the 3.0 L engine.

Just Cars $795 with excess of $625. They only had the 2.4 option online so after calling them they changed the policy for a 3.0 at no extra cost.

Seems no-one really cared for the 4WD version of my car (phew!). Naturally I went with Just Cars. Still it's quite a jump from what I was paying for my '99 Tarago (under $400 with Real Insurance) but still...

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just rang AAMI and they now insure Estima Aeras. To insure comprehensively for $14,000 cost me $879. I already have home & contents with them, so saved me a bit, compared to Suncorp who cost $975 for $15,000.

Got a letter recently from Just Car insurance saying as of this year they no longer will insure cars and upon next renewal a quote will be provided by Shannons. Let's wait and see how much :)

On 1/5/2017 at 7:58 PM, DAY50K said:

Got a letter recently from Just Car insurance saying as of this year they no longer will insure cars and upon next renewal a quote will be provided by Shannons. Let's wait and see how much :)

On 1/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, footy7777 said:

Just rang AAMI and they now insure Estima Aeras. To insure comprehensively for $14,000 cost me $879. I already have home & contents with them, so saved me a bit, compared to Suncorp who cost $975 for $15,000.

On 1/5/2017 at 8:07 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

They are both underwritten by AAMI anyway.

Well no, technically Suncorp owns all the brands (AAMI, GIO, Suncorp, Just Car, Shannons, plus a few others) but all the general insurance products of those brands are underwritten by AAI (not AAMI)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Well no, technically Suncorp owns all the brands (AAMI, GIO, Suncorp, Just Car, Shannons, plus a few others) but all the general insurance products of those brands are underwritten by AAI (not AAMI)

I thought I wrote AAI, but it appears I had AAMI stuck my head.

11 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

I thought I wrote AAI, but it appears I had AAMI stuck my head.

Being married to someone who works for Suncorp does have it's perks...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2017 at 6:58 PM, DAY50K said:

Yep, not good. Been hunting around for new insurance company to go with but finding most insurance companies have high excess probably because its in import. Not sure what to do yet but even selling the car is coming to mind.

• 2 years later...

We have a 2005 2.4l Estima and Insure it through Suncorp for around $702.07. Amount covered is $12k and Excess of $1200. If anyone can find a cheaper option, please let me know. Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm in the same boat.

Just purchased a used 2007 Estima G (Import) 3.5L V6 and only Company I can find to insure it is NRMA at a whopping $1957!! I'm in NSW and have offstreet parking- does anyone have recommendations for other insurers please?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2015 at 11:42 AM, dudedana said:

Hi All,

Newbie to the site - keep up the good work all.

Just wondering if there are any recent tips and suggestions for insuring an Estima in Australia?

Being labelled an import (which it is) is burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

NRMA no problems and no questions asked, just do it online.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/10/2020 at 12:12 AM, Greg Drower said:

NRMA no problems and no questions asked, just do it online.

I purchased Estima 2007 just three weeks ago, I had no idea imported cars are not insured in Australia.  Only NRMA and Youi do that and charge hell of amount.  NRMA $1882.xx annually and Youi $1790.xx annually with more than 30 minutes long interview.  How did you get insured with MB, I checked their website I couldn't see any option they offer Comprehensive car insurance.

Can anyone suggest good value insurance provider?

I purchased Estima 2007 2.4lt just three weeks ago, Jan 2021, I had no idea imported cars are not insured in Australia.  Only NRMA and Youi do that and charge hell of amount.  NRMA $1882.xx annually and Youi $1790.xx annually with more than 30 minutes long interview.  How did you get insured with MB, I checked their website I couldn't see any option they offer Comprehensive car insurance.

Can anyone suggest good value insurance provider with reasonable price?

Edited by AamirKhan