2013 Aurion factory stereo sound problem

MJQ

Hi guys,

I have a 2013 Aurion AT-X and am having problems for the 2nd time with the factory stereo.

Out of nowhere, without touching anything, the sound fades and only the front speakers work. When you turn it up to 30 it is normally really loud but when this happens, 30 sounds like 15. I have sent into Toyota to have a look and they could t find anything wrong with the unit so they ordered a new one anyway and installed that just after Christmas. I am now having the same problem with the new one. It usually happens when using Bluetooth mode with my iPhone music. Sometimes the only way to make the sound go back to normal is to either turn the car off and back on, begin and end a call or change sources from Bluetooth to Radio then back to bluetooth but now not even that works all the time.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas of what I could check to see if my settings are correct? Or maybe you've had the problem before and have had it fixed, how?

Hi MJQ, not to make you sound stupid or anything, but have you made sure it's not an issue with your phone?

I use to work for Audi a while back and a customer had a similar problem, turns out when he sat in his car, the pressure of his pants tightening around his pockets would push buttons on his phone, which would make the volume go up and down.

Unfortunately I have mot yet had the pleasure of driving the gsv50, and my gsv40 doesn't have the same set up so that's as useful as I can be (without being there)

Hopefully it's something simple and it's under warranty.