SOLVED: Aurion power mirror not working

Freestyla

If the fuses have the pins exposed on the top (either side of the rating number) you maybe able to test for power by making contact with that part without removing them. Not all brands of fuses have that exposed (silver) on there tops it if they do it will save time.

That's a great tip. But I think the stock fuses don't have the exposed pins. I will remove each and everyone of them. The ones below the passenger side footwell are a pain to do though.

How'd you get on?

Any closer to making them work?

You have Toyota Link...

They monitor your vehicle systems, so do you think they could say what's wrong?

Edited by 07Prodigy

SATOR1893 thank you for the tips on testing the fuses without removing them, saved me so much time. lol fuses are ok but I still changed the relevant ones incl ECU ACC fuse. Still no difference. I cannot possibly think what else I can check 😒 open circuit is a possibility but how could that even happen and how do I test for it.

07Prodigy: nah Toyota link monitor the vehicle location battery level etc. they cannot run diagnostics.

Maybe check the fuses for the Hazard system, they could be all tied in somehow because of the indicators being in the mirrors. I looked in my fuse box, did you try the one labelled 'SHORT',? If you have that one in your model, in the engine bay fuse box. What about the relays? Maybe one has burnt out or stuck open. Don't relays sometimes reset when you remove them? Can't hurt to pull them out and check them for any burn marks or signs of failure? Must be frustrating.

This is so odd....

You have stumped me

Let me recap

You checked wires coming into mirror assembly, no power

Checked coming out of the switch, no power

Checked going into the switch, no power

All the fuses are fine.

I don't know if the power mirrors have relays, but if you find one you can swap it with another relay or

You can check power coming into the relay. If there's no power generally it's a fuse, connection or faulty wire

You can check control coming into the relay.

Also I know some things on the Toyotas switch the earth on the control side. They don't switch the positive,

So maybe check all your earths. Not likely but still possible...

Hang on a sec...

Try reading through this, I can't recall if it has the mirrors but worth a shot.

I think if you follow the ones relevant to the 2GR-FE you should be right.

http://toyota.aitnet.org/Camry/Camry_2007_wiring_diagrams.pdf

post-29357-0-09312200-1424178395_thumb.j

Edited by 07Prodigy

Wait which wires had the 0.5 VDC coming in?

You're going to think I'm stupid but, you're getting +12vdc from your battery?

Edited by 07Prodigy

Thanks for the pdf, that is the file I have been referencing when I was checking the wiring. The 0,5 volts is detected at the mirror control switch when on Ignition. I will double check the power to the wires again tomorrow invade I've missed something. Is it possible that I caused damage to the ecu???

It's odd that you get 0.5vdc...

Have you got a megger?

Sorry so e people know this as a continuity tester.

If so test to see you still have a circuit.

Make sure there is no power ther first or you will blow the fuse in your meter

I might be able to source one, they are expensive from a brief search online. Today I checked the wire continuity from the plug in the door to the plug in the car kick panel. Beyond that it is difficult to test circuit continuity. Not sure if this megger can help with this. The funny thing is I tested the voltage when I was controlling the mirror switch and the voltage changed from 0.5 to 0 on occasions. Anybody know which wire is which in the door panel which connects to the mirror motor vertical, motor horizontal etc.

I wrote the wire combos down when I did mine, I hope wire colour didn't change from model to model but in my car the wire functions are like this

Passenger side

Mirror up = green +/ brown (neg)

Mirror down = brown +/ green (neg)

Mirror left(out I think) pink +/ brown (neg)

Mirror right(in I think) brown +/ pink Neg

Driver side

Mirror up = pink +/ brown (neg)

Mirror down = brown +/ light green (neg)

Mirror left(in I think) light green +/ brown (neg)

Mirror right(out I think) brown +/ pink (neg)

I say I think because I wrote it as mirror left or right in my note but it means the direction of the tilt I am pretty sure, was a long time ago that I did it.

Hope that helps.

Edited by SATORI893
  • Like 1

Sadly not much progress being made. I am convinced there is a fuse related issue but when I tested them they seem ok. I will triple and quadruple check them again. Seems like such an isolated issue like nothing else is affected. I know there is no individual fuse for the mirror so if it were fuse related I'd imagine I'd notice something else not working.

Is it possible a fuse is faulty, it may have a crack in the fuse that is too small to see or may have burnt out a part of the fuse that is hidden by the plastic. With a multimeter check the continuity accross each fuse. Just a thought. Have you tested the mirrors to see if they work by hooking them up to a battery or a bench top power supply if you have one. Just to make sure the mirrors do work, test the folding of them also. At least that will rule them out as having a problem that may be causing your loss of power.

I've connected he mirrors and both the indicator light and folding function work fine. It is just the motor function. On both the new mirror and the stock mirror. I have tested the continuity on all the fuses under the passenger side and under the hood. I've taken apart the passenger side glove compartment and accessed the fuses with better vision of the connections etc nice found something very interesting which may not necessarily solve my problem but is still very interesting. Will post pics and an explanation of what I found

So I found this unit under the dash wish is labelled " outer mirror control". It has two connectors connected to it. I assume one is power input with three plugs. I measured 12V across two wires with the third being negative, all with car ACC off. The second plug had like 20 wires and I assume that it is power output to the mirror and other Accessories. The interesting thing is there is obviously power going into it which leads me to believe there is no problems from the power coming from the battery but I cannot ascertain where the power disappears. I am sure this is the module which is responsible for the auto tilt function.

post-18031-0-89871500-1424345836_thumb.j

post-18031-0-12276700-1424345874_thumb.j

post-18031-0-02571900-1424345931_thumb.j