SOLVED: Aurion power mirror not working

Freestyla

Oh wow.

This is all a bit odd.

I don't mean to be rude but it's doing my head in, I'm so stumped ATM.

I need to clear my head and rethink...

I'll be back.

Your problem is definately to do with that mirror control box, does the cover come off it? It may have it's own fuse inside though you'd think it would be on the outside. Maybe something in that unit has burnt out somehow. If it was me I would be taking the cover off the box (if you can) and having a look inside to see if anything has happened. You may need to bypass that unit for the new mirrors to work, if that is possible. I can only imagine how much that controller is integrated into the mirrors whole system.

Have you tried a combination of unplugging that control unit , each plug then both and seeing if you get power at the mirrors or the adjustment control, worth a try, maybe it you unplug it the mirrors may work but not if the mirrors controls for the glass go through it but who can say. You said the new mirrors matched up to the original plugs so maybe the tilt function is going into the new mirrors on the incorrect pins on the connector. The unit could be getting a signal that the mirrors are tilted or up and the unit may have a 'shut off' function to protect the motors in the miiror assembly, That's another theory.

Edited by SATORI893

Searching online it costs $410. I don't know if dosconnectng it will achieve much unless I know which wires to connect to so I can bypass the unit. I think I'll call an auto electrician.

For the last few days I had the stock mirror in the passenger side and the aftermarket in the driver side. The stock mirror has not been working. Could it be that both stock mirrors need to be connected for them to both work (I.e. Does it break a circuit continuity or something ????)

Big mirrors? Does your Presara have mirror memory with the seat position? Not sure if Aurions remember the mirrors settings for each seating position, I know Lexus do, That unit you found behind the glove box must have some sort of power cut as a short protector because you would find a blown fuse. I read through the fuse location list and a few have the hazard and turn signal but not the mirror motor function, only fuse 22 ECU-ACC says outside mirrors in my manual. Maybe test for power with both mirrors unplugged? Having one stock and one aftermarket may be confusing that control unit. It has me stumped, It all reminds me of doing mine and I had to change the plugs on the new ones. Plug and play is not always what it seems.

Sorry typo big=both

Yes the aurion Presara has mirror / seat memory and the control unit I took the pic of is for that amongst other things. I will plug both stock mirrors in and see what happens (not optimistic anything will change). I bought the aurion Gregory manual as it may have more specific details on the wiring than the Camry pdf manual we have online.

Edited by Freestyla

Sorry typo big=both

Yes the aurion presses has mirror /seat memory and the control unit I took the pic of is for that amongst other things. I will plug both stock mirrors in and see what happens (not optimistic anything will change). I bought the aurion Greou manual as it may have more specific details in the wiring the the Camry pdf manual we have online.

So I've recieved the Gregory manual today and it's awsome. Jumped to the wiring diagram section which I can post up if anyone wants it. The great thing is I know what the wire colors are now and I've been studying it all day. I located and tested the mirror motor wires but no luck with power on them with car on and switch being toggled. I suspect as was mentioned earlier the power mirror module might be the problem. I will test it out hopefully tomorrow. Power going into it is ok but I need to test power going out of it (which is currently the problem). The other thing I am now worried about is the position sensor. As you can see in the attached pic there are 4 wires which are responsible for the seat position sensor which attach to nothing with the new mirror , could this be causing an open circuit?? Having said that with the factory mirror plugged in I am still not getting any motor movement. I know also noticed the seat position buttons do not work and have a strong feeling it's linked to the mirror issue.

post-18031-0-57172300-1424700011_thumb.j

if you look on the first three wires on the power mirror module (W/R , W/R AND B/R) and also pictured in the attached photo, I have tested them and found 12V as expected. This assures me that the fuses are ok as power goes through them obviously. The test tomorrow will be to see if there is power going out of the module. I am still curious about the position sensors in the factory mirror/diagram, and how that affects things and if the auto tilt function would still work 😒

post-18031-0-35232200-1424701185_thumb.j

So I checked if power going into the mirror control unit goes out to the mirror/mirror switch as 12V. Sadly it doesn't. You can also see in the diagram there is output from the unit to the seat position switch which I've now also noticed as not working. All in all I am convinced without a doubt the unit had carked it. Tried opening it but it's all IC circuits and complicated circuitry beyond my ability to diagnose the problem. Will buy a new unit and hope for the best. Seen it online for $409 will call Toyota and see how much they sell it for. If anyone knows where I can get it cheaper I'd be forever in their debt.

Called Toyota and they quoted me $466 for the unit, called a few wreckers and the best I could find is $125 delivered. Hopefully it arrives soon and I can get this problem over and done with

So I've just read and realised that the auto tilt function requires special motor/attachment which is inside the mirror unit itself. This means the auto tilt will. It work with the auto fold aftermarket mirrors I have. Anyone know how to remove the mirror glass as I want to see if I can attach this to the aftermarket mirror. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

I've noticed that my brand new car battery is being drained flat and I'm concerned it is the auto folding module. It requires a connection to the car battery and ACC. could that be the cause? How can I test of it is draining whilst the car is off??

You can try swopping the wires around?

I know with a stereo if you get those two wire round the wrong way it still works you just loose your satiations every time the cars turned off and the battery will go flat.

I dunno if it has a similar setup or not but that's what is try.

Id have to have a better understanding of the setup to have more of an idea

[sOLVED] I am happy to report that I recieved the replacement mirror control unit today. Removed the old one and replaced it and the mirror motors now work 😃. Up and down works as expected but left and right are in reverse of what they should be (I.e. Press right on switch turns mirror left). A minor annoyance but tolerable compared to not working at all. Memory seats preset buttons also work. Sadly the auto tilt doesn't work as everyone had predicted because I don't have the sensor motors in the aftermarket mirrors as in the factory mirror. I am also concerned the auto fold function/module is drawing too much current from the batter and sending it flat so have to investigate that. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.