Help: CD Changer cable identification

James Ella

Hey guys, been reading a lot of these forums in the lead up to my purchase of a second hand aurion. The plan so far was to add a music player via the CD changer port and apply carbon fiber decal along the middle console. The music player works great! only problem is the CD changer port was currently occupied by a clip with one wire coming out from it.

Model and year - Aurion zr6 2007

Head Unit - Factory Touch Sat nav

Mp3 changer - Yatour music changer

Culprit cable - http://imgur.com/q3j9YFY

So basically my question is what is this cable? is it required? (it doesnt change to anything when i click disc a 2nd time) do i need to buy a Y cable and split the connection?

I Apologise from now incase i have missed an existing thread but i did have a quick look.

Thanks.

When you say music changer...

Do you meen you have a cd stacker you are wanting to put in?

Or is I like a iPhone/USB type cable?

Also, I had a look at your pic and I'm having trouble figuring out what connection it is.

Can you take a photo of the back of the head unit and point out which plug it goes to?

Hey thanks for the response. No the car already has a stacker, its the small toyota 6+6 pin cable which is typically used to add iphone/usb music connectivity or a secondary music device.

Diagram off Yatour: http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1583617727_4/Yatour-TOY1-USB-CD-Changer-Digital-music-interface-adapter-SD-AUX-input-for-Camry-LS-5.jpg

I'll work on getting an image shortly of the back the head unit. I believe that port sometimes gets occupied by having a GPS system so im not sure if its something to do with the factory sat nav side of things.

*EDIT: Actually found an existing image of it on the interenet, i have circled the port in red.

link: http://imgur.com/EFnMY0s

Edited by James Ella

I have the iPhone 4 cable and it works wonders.

It should plug into the same socket and I do believe if there are a couple wires there you should be able to put them all into the one plug.

If you where on the gc I'd even offer to do the install.

Edited by 07Prodigy

I have already bought and installed ebay item: 191267507045 and is all working 100%.

The only issue was i didnt really know what that existing stock cable was at the back of my head unit. May have to add them into the one plug or possible even buy something like this ebay item: 280778043151.

Sorry I must have misunderstood.

Yes the easiest way would be to buy that cable.

You can just put the pins into the same connector but it's probably best just to use the y cable

Had you noticed any changes with the factory cable unplugged

Edited by 07Prodigy

Yeah i am leaning towards the Y cable. I did turn on the Sat nav without the stock cable plugged in and didnt initially see any errors or lost features. I know that my DVD in the sat nav is dodgy and will need to get another one as selecting a destination doesnt work. Once i have the DVD sorted and fixed i can then test to see if that factory plug was the external gps receiver or anything else gps related.

I will purchase the Y cable however and just have them both running.

UPDATE - I have fixed my Sat nav DVD and all the features seem to be working fine without that stock cable plugged it, very strange lol.

Edited by James Ella

Auto should levelling.

Basically when you accelerate, you volume and equaliser will adjust to your speed.

So if you drive fast you stereo gets louder.

Check the manual for the satnav, I don't yet have it so I can't tell you if it has it.

I do know though, if the cables unplugged you can't access it from the settings until the cable is plugged back in and you take it for a drive round the block.

Edited by 07Prodigy

ohhh right yeah i saw that setting before when i was playing around with the settings. Without the cable plugged it it lets me select from off, low, mid or high without any errors. Oh well doesn't really matter anyway, i'll get the Y cable and just have it connected regardless.

Thanks for your help on this matter.