Custom NST (Non Stop Performance) Lightweight Crank Pulley

Myxalplyx

I'm going to have NST (NonStopTuning) design a custom lightweight crankshaft pulley for my 2010 3.5ltr Toyota RAV4 V6 (Sport/AWD). I purchased a stock pulley for them to take measurements. I'm sending the pulley out today and will update as I get more info. I have requested that the lightweight pulley have the stock diameter, NOT underdriven. This is all for now.

Here are pics of both sides of the stock crankshaft pulley -->

gOzyJ7.jpgBEF9lU.jpg

Here is a picture of the stock weight of the crankshaft pulley -->

Weight is 1841g (4.06lbs)

hBl6bl.jpg

BTW: I'm familiar with the purpose of harmonic dampeners, crankshaft vibrations and all the concerns around this. I've already researched this. I'm comfortable with this decision. Thanks!

**Update 11/2/15**

Lightweight NST Pulley has Arrived

ylC4sb.jpg

Front of stock pulley is on left, Front of NST pulley is on the right

I3SIxQ.jpg

Back of stock pulley is on left, Back of NST pulley is on right.

mHKMez.jpg

NST pulley weight is 648g (1.43lbs)

Weight savings from using lightweight NST pulley is 1193g (2.63lbs)

Edited by Myxalplyx

what gains do you expect to see from this if any? you would be better making a custom pulley wheel for the TRD aurions and hilux.

I never post up expectations. Especially in this case since I don't know what the final weight will be and even if I did, how much it'd affect my acceleration. I will post up before and after results though and let the experts explain why the results are what they are. I've always done this. I know there will be an improvement but how much is ??. Modifying my cars is just something I enjoy doing immensely. Sharing the results is another.

BUT....I'm hoping to shave off 2/10ths in the 1/4 mile and gain 1-2mph. Also, hoping to get my 60ft times cemented in the 1.9 range instead of 2.0's. I know throttle response will be improved. My throttle response is already ridiculous so I'm just piggy backing on that to make it laughable and more fun.

Edited by Myxalplyx

fair enough.

just thinking a lightened flywheel. would net better results..

sorry. i turbo charge my jetski's and they are pushing out quite alot of power. just curious as what gains you were expecting thats all. i know reduced rotating mass etc. keep the info coming. I played around with some in wheel electric motors last year and that was insane. on the car

• 1 month later...

**UPDATE 3/30/15**

Update sent to me today -->

"Hi Kevin

Thank you for the support and the continued patience. Much appreciated!

Your custom pulleys are both scheduled to go on the machines in early

April. We will update you with more info at that time. We expect your

custom pulleys to be apx 70% lighter than OEM.

Thanks again!

NST Customer Service

This is all for now!

• 6 months later...

**UPDATE 10/29/15**

The pulley is made and will be on its way shortly. I will post up pics, weight information, etc when it arrives.

All I can tell you is that the color I have is red (I'm cool with any color to be honest). I'm happy about this is an understatement. I will not be dynoing this car for before and after horsepower/torque numbers. I will be testing this for 1/4 mile information. An improved 60ft time is expected with maybe 1/10th of a second shaved off in my 1/4 mile times or more. Also, hoping to be consistently run a trap speed of 100mph+. Quicker throttle response and a slightly better gas mileage is expected (Less rotational mass). How much less weight it has, I will document of course.

This is all for now!