HID Ballast for 2007 Aurion Presara

Chunks

Hello

Does anyone know what the brand/part number/specs are for the ballast that drives the HID lights on the 2007 Aurion Presara?

I need to get a pair as my lights just keep flickering off after a while and I have already replaced the globes.

Thanks

Hi, I have the same make and model as your question and had a similar issue when I had to replace the bulbs on my car.

Quick question, where did you buy the bulbs and were they genuine?

The reason why I ask is because I bought a set of bulbs off eBay and they flickered straight away because they were fake and s..t I made sure the second pair I bought were really genuine and they have been fine for 3 years now.

I had bought a set a year ago from the US (an ebay seller) at around $130 each and they were fine for almost a year.

Then when this occurred again a couple of months ago I bought another pair from a melbourne ebay seller: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/A-Pair-35W-D4S-Xenon-Philips-Hid-Bulbs-Globe-Replacement-White-6000K-18M-warrant-/201281936467?

This time I went for white colour lights - 6000K.

Within a week of installing them the issue started again.

I've read on other sites that the ballasts have a lifetime of roughly 7-8 years which is how long i've had my car.

Edited by Chunks

Hi Chunks,

Just going through your previous posts, I realised we spoke about HID lights about a year ago when you were replacing your bulbs. Good to see you again on this forum, I check it out from time to time.

I checked out the eBay link you posted. One thing that stood out, no where does it say 'genuine'..

I remember when I bought my first pair and it looked very similar to the ones you bought but they were fakes and almost flickered straight away. I eventually bought another pair from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/130577158276?item=130577158276&viewitem=&vxp=mtr%20after%20double%20checking%20they%20were%20legit%20and%20I&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Didn't you buy from the same place?

My gut feeling is that you have dodgy bulbs, the good news is that the ebay seller states 18 month warranty so maybe try to get replacements but he may just give you another set of fakes so what's the point. You remember what a pain in the a..e it was to replace those bulbs so you don't want to be changing the globes continually.

If it were me, I would just get some genuine stock globes and be done with it and pray it's not the ballast or anything else. If Toyota charges $400+ for just the friggin globe, god knows how much it would cost for the other parts.

Van

Edited by Kombi17

Hi Chunks,

Mate I'm almost 100% sure the balast is to ignite the globe, so if your headlights do turn on but wont stay on long = it's the globe man.

Check out these globes i got from eBay

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=180947017331

I've used these in my Presara for almost a year and there still working great.

Hope it helps dude.

Edited by Boondy

Hey Kombi and Chunks - it might still be the ballast. I think it still maintains power after it ignites the bulb which is why you still hear it buzzing when the headlights are on, like Boondy said though if its definitely faulty the bulb won't ignite.

Toyota ballasts are pretty generic: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdenso+balla.TRS0&_nkw=denso+ballast&ghostText=&_sacat=0

Make sure that the bulb size is correct - D4S but other than that the only thing that differs is the length of the HID cord between models. I've changed the ballast on my IS250 and it was okay - you can disassemble the connector and feed the cord through the headlight if it won't fit.

Thanks Kombi and Boondi - yeah the original replacements I got were genuine (about a year ago and German made). However since the lights are playing up again I'm thinking that its the ballast that's a problem. Especially more so since I bought a new pair and the same thing started happening within a week.

Anyway I'm going to take the car to an auto electrician and they can remove the bumper to get to the lights and hopefully test the ballasts and globes and determine what needs replacing. If it was easy to get to the ballast myself without removing the bumper I would have tried purchasing a new set online and fitting them myself (and still saved a lot of money by not having to involve Toyota).

Thanks Harlo also for the pointer on the ballast type - I was pretty sure they were denso - just needed to know the part number. The buzzing sound is there all the time also when the lights are on.

Hopefully all will work out once the auto elec looks at it - especially now with daylight saving coming to an end I'll be driving home from work in the dark soon.