99 Tarago 2.4

ab56452001

Hi all new member here , recently retired , just bought a 99 Tarago cheap ! , maybe to cheap ! , anyhow ive got a bit of time on my hands now and im not to shaby with the tools . My prob is the vans dual fuel ( got to put a new fuel pump in on the weekend , when i find where it is ! ) and it had a cracked cooland tank , so ive bought a new one , reconected all hoses in the right positions ( i think ) , but im still losing water , and a fair bit ! , no steam from exhaust pipe and no obvious hose leakages , car doesnt get hot , coolant just vanishes . There seems to be a small amount driping under car aboutst where the water pump is , but im not realy sure , i cant seem to trace the leakage , any help/tips would be much appreciated , cheers.

Hi all new member here , recently retired , just bought a 99 Tarago cheap ! , maybe to cheap ! , anyhow ive got a bit of time on my hands now and im not to shaby with the tools . My prob is the vans dual fuel ( got to put a new fuel pump in on the weekend , when i find where it is ! ) and it had a cracked cooland tank , so ive bought a new one , reconected all hoses in the right positions ( i think ) , but im still losing water , and a fair bit ! , no steam from exhaust pipe and no obvious hose leakages , car doesnt get hot , coolant just vanishes . There seems to be a small amount driping under car aboutst where the water pump is , but im not realy sure , i cant seem to trace the leakage , any help/tips would be much appreciated , cheers.

You need to drop the fuel tank to get the pump

Thanks for reply , looks like the tanks held up by a strap , is it difficult , cheers.

You need to drop the fuel tank to get the pump

Well , gave the old girl a bit of a going over . Dropped tank and fitted new pump and filtter , my god , ive never seen such a clogged up fuel system !, anyhow flushed the lines back to injector rail , took that off , but injectors were getting pulse but are blocked , caked over and are unservicable , if i didnt really want to be able to run it as a duel fuel vehicle i wouldnt bother with the petrol side of things . Im lucky ive got a mate in the game , he's going to supply injectors/leads from a dismantlers yard , gotta be better than whats in there ! , also parts of the exhaust need replacing and the rocker cover leaks a bit aswell as tyres and pads need renewing , but ive got a bit of time and with a few relatively cheap spares i reckon ill get the van passable again . Ive bought vehicles from the less well off and the single mum types before and know what to expect , but gee this time the lack of any sort of maintenance has got me buggered ! , cheers