100,000km Service - General Question

Hey everyone,

My 2007 Toyota Aurion is currently sitting at around 99,972kms. I've booked the 100,000km service next Saturday. I am slightly late for this service as the sticker informed me that I was due at around 98,125. I just wanted to have head's up on what parts may need replacing, and the estimated cost roughly.

Last service, I got the following work done to my car:

-Air Filter

-Battery

-Wheel alignment

-Oil change

The car get's treated well. I wash it once a week and regularly check fluid levels under the hood. However, we do park it on a fairly steep incline and when we change from park to reverse, there's a very loud and audible clunk. I was wondering if this would harm the transmission of the vehicle.

Thanks!

How often you doing your services every 7.5k or 15k?

I gonna guess the service intervals are the same as the TRD (?) which is 90k, 97.5k, 105k etc....... (pending if you doing them 7.5k or 15k)

I get the clunk every so often, has not caused any issues or fault codes.

You should've also got the spark plugs last service.

Also the clunk would be from the parking paw coming off the park gear, if your handbrake is no good then some of the vehicle weight will be taken up by it.

You should've also got the spark plugs last service.

Also the clunk would be from the parking paw coming off the park gear, if your handbrake is no good then some of the vehicle weight will be taken up by it.

The last service wasn't completed at a Toyota Dealership unfortunately :/ I took it to my old trusty mechanic. The other services and my next scheduled ones will be at registered Toyota dealers though. I don't believe I've changed the spark plugs before and it'll most likely be done this service along with a few other things :/ The last one costed me around $500.

Will the clunk eventually cause damage to my transmission though? Thanks for informing me about the paw though :) When parked on a slope, I have to apply a lot of pressure to the gear stick in order to get it into reverse and it's an extremely loud audible clunk. However it's ok on a flat surface.

How often you doing your services every 7.5k or 15k?

I gonna guess the service intervals are the same as the TRD (?) which is 90k, 97.5k, 105k etc....... (pending if you doing them 7.5k or 15k)

I get the clunk every so often, has not caused any issues or fault codes.

I do the services whenever I have time. Usually 15k I would say - just a bit after 10k. The clunk happens to me almost everyday because my driveway is sloped :/ It's not just once every so often it's virtually every single time I back my car down the driveway. Everyday almost.

Hi Alex,

If you want to avoid the clunk from the transmission during the shift from Park.

• "Parkbrake on" or in our case the foot operated Parkbrake
  • "Shift to Neutral"
  • "Foot off the Foot brake"
  • "Shift to Park

There should be no clunk when you shift into reverse unless your Parkbrake needs adjusting. I have been doing this all my driving life. Only because I don't like the "clunk noise"

• Like 1