ECU Error P1660. What is it?

xCalibur_

As the title says, anyone know?

I've searched high and low, with mixed results. Some being powertrain, others being intake, and cooling system.

I have confirmed that this is the code, from two ECU OBDII scanners, one bluetooth and one wired, and from ABS service department.

• Like 1

Thanks for calling him. I also managed to get hold of a Toyota employee and he says its a vacuum hose or intake malfunction. So I believe what you're saying and what he's saying is the same thing. HUGE +1 for this error code.

So for anyone who has this code ever come up, definitely check all of the plugs that connect to any part of the intake. It is definitely part of that.

This was the cause of mine:

post-22021-0-97511400-1429242061_thumb.j

Somehow, one of the wires from the plug had snapper, probably from wear and tear. But with a bit of soldering, hopefully its fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just today had the check engine light come on. I got a OBD2 reader form Jcar and got the same error. Thank for posting that pic xCalibur. I was able to go straight to the problem a broken wire on the same plug and same side. My car has only done 78,000 k's.

I also had the brake waning light come on at the same time. Has anyone else had that? I hope I don't have 2 problems.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if this issue is a possible carry over to the 50 series ?

It seems the 40 series has had too many issues but I rarely hear of issues with the 50 series . 

I did consider purchasing a 40 back when i was looking mainly due to price but after doing some research I decided on the 50 series and was happy to pay more money for it.

No offense to 40 series owners.

Just my 2 cents worth.