Need Suggestion for Best Tyres for My 2005 Camry Altise V6

K8Canb

I live in Canberra and it is wet weather here, currently use Black Diamond tyres 205 65 15. These were cheap tyres and have lasted few years as I just drive in city with couple of trips to Sydney. The current tyres still have small threads but they have started slipping at the start as well as during turns.

Please recommend me best tyres for safety as well as low noise. The cost is not a problem but durability, performance and low noise are required.

Also like to know your experience in buying car tyres from COSTCO.

Thanks in advance

k8canb

Thanks for your reply John Su, I am not very familier with TOYO Proxes 4 and did Google search.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/toyo-proxes-4.html

After reading the experiences of people I am not sure whether I should buy these tyres. The experiences are very mixed and it is hard to make a decision.

I will wait for few more suggestions and then make my decision.

Thanks again for your reply

k8canb

Hello Trentmeyer,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I will go and look at the Yokahama C.Drive tyers.

A mate of mine suggested Bridgestone Potenza or Turranza tyres, as they provide good wet weather as well as dry weather performance.

There are some deals going on about car tyres; if one buy three tyres then fourth tyre comes free. That means four for the prize of three. Can someone let me if this is a real deal or usual promotion to get the sales?

k8canb

• 3 weeks later...

The buy 3 get one free is a marketing trick...
When you take advantage of that offer you are paying the RRP for the 3 tyres so in reality you are still paying for the 4th tyre. You get nothing free there.
If you buy the same 4 tyres without the special offer you will normally get a price below the RRP that still equates to the same purchase price for the 4 tyres. It is just a con for the gullible.

As for tyres for your 05 V6 MCV36R... for long wear, grip, quietness, value for money and most importantly QUALITY I have found the Dunlop Sport SP300E to be perfect. We did over 80,000k on the original factory set on our 07 camry and fitted the same again.

Those Black Diamond tyres you are running now are pretty much bottom of the bucket and more aimed at the cheap side of the market.

Don't run your tyres too soft... 34 - 36 psi in those would be best.

The OEM Tyres Dunlop SP300E are pretty good. I got a lot of Km's out of it when I had the original wheels on..

I also had Bridgestone Turanza 592 which was just as good...

When I had these tyres they were both made in Australia. Not sure if there is much drive difference now as they are both made elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone who replied about the Camry tyres.

I have bought Bridgestone Turranza T001 from Costco Canberra. I am happy with the performance and handling.

k8canb