Fuel Tank

Thinedge

Hi All

I am a new member to this forum and would like some help.I have a 06 HiLux twin cab stile-side for want of a better word .My problem is that it has a fuel leak somewhere on the top where the connections are .Can anyone tell me the easy way to remove the fuel tank so I can find the problem

Thank you in advance .

Get a CD for servicing your model from ebay--abt $15 at last check. that will tell you how to do the job. The later models have a more complex CD, especially the electrical systems, but they are still very good. I doubt there are any free downloads.

The original fuel connections are a clip on/press fit. If the sender has been removed at some stage to have a new fuel pump installed may-be the sealing gasket ( large o-ring was damaged or is not seated correctly ),or it could just need the plastic locking ring that holds the sender in tightening up, there is a couple of reference dots that need aligning when it is tight .To remove the tank or better still if you drop it down low enough you can access the top to have a look where the fuel is coming from. I replaced my fuel pump recently and it took me around 2hrs to have it completely out, but I would do it in half that time now and that was saving all the original clips etc instead of just cutting thru them, Take your time and its easy enough just time consuming.

If you want to search the web just type in Hilux fuel tank removal and select your model

yep ditto Conrod,

when the fuel filter / pump has been changed they often don't get connected up 'just right' so that will be the first place to check.

if you had the car serviced by Toyota & they actually changed the filter then think yourself lucky...

I've seen a number where they have charged for it but its not done

you might also find the large retainer collar is very difficult to undo - it is available as a spare part with the o'rings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thinedge give this a go champ, good info and reading,

Just Google 2005+Toyota Tacoma OEM repair manual

Cheers CONROD

Edited by CONROD