will a 2010 hilux radio fit in a 2005 hilux?

ntmort

the volume on my radio is all over the place, goes up when I turn it down, and vice versa. A local wreckers has a 2010 model which has bluetooth etc.....will the 2010 radio fit in my 2005 d4d sr5?

Edited by ntmort

probably, the outer cases are a standardized size, but have varying and adaptable mounts and connections. You will need a wiring adapter plug for the radio. It has short fly leads you patch permanently into the car. Make sure power and ground wires are as short and thick as practical-improves sound quality. Australian analog car radios have special hi quality detector circuits to work well over our longer range local radio networks. A problem not often known overseas.

• Like 1

Hey ntnort, from memory they are a "plug n play" champ, no need for leads or rooting around with wiring, just unplug the old and in with the new. :clap:

Just make sure the radio can be turned on as it might have the sec PIN activated, no big deal as its normally(better not say online).

If it has just check the hand book if available as it might be written down. :g:

Keep us informed on how you got on

• Like 1

thanks lads, I'm getting the injector seals done tomorrow and the Darwin 4X4 has a second hand one. will be in touch if I have issues with the pin and let you know how I get on.

be nice to be able to play my "on the road to fishing music!" and not have to annoy everyone with my singing when we lose radio signal!!

No gaurantee different models wont have different plugs, but you have to try. Shouldn't be impossible, but may need trip to auto radio installer for plug. X ur fingers!!!

just to let you know that the 2010 stereo will fit in the 2005 Hilux, no need for any extra anything just unplug the one and the new one fits. got bluetooth and usb proper flash one!

thanks for your advice!!

• Like 1