Kalgarkis

ive just been through some very deep water in my 2007 Hikux SR5 D4D, and now the engine has gone into limp mode and won't rev past 1200 rpms. I also have a warning light on the dash permanently on. I Can't see anything obvious, and I've tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours to clear the fault buy it won't go away. Any ideas?

Kal

check fault codes from ECU-you've prob damaged a sensor or 2 or at least contaminated the connectors. If water was in cabin, ECU may be damaged. post here with results, we'll try to help. use google too. NB you may have to take car to highly populated area to get good technical support. It's often hard to get in rural areas.

Thx Manxman. Actually I didn't tell the full story. Yes water did get in the cabin. My left wheels fell in a gutter so the car was on a fairly big lean and the left side water was up to just below the doorhandles and the right side to Axel level so the left side of the cabin got completely flooded. I can't see the ECU. I'm guessing it up under the glovebox somewhere which means it would've been completely submerged

Fault codes-I'm unsure, but you will need a manual. ECU is often under left front kick panel at side of cabin. If it got wet only might be ok, wore likely mud got into it, which causes problems. Expose it, fault indicator should be on it. report pls. Start saving for repair/replacement unit. they arent cheap. It will pay big to go over ALL electrical connectors that got wet and de-water them and clean without scratching them. o'wise they'll rust, and give never ending trouble. Sorry to be bringer of bad news.

Edited by Manxman

• 3 weeks later...

ok problem solved. My mate brought a Snap-on computer and plugged it in. Error was P0045 Turbo/Super Charger boost control solenoid circuit/open. Grassman sent me the electrical diagram so I just looked for anything related to the turbo, and there it was. A little box beside the ECU with "Driver, Turbo Motor" on it, and yes, it would have been partly submerged. Bought a s/h one on eBay $225, plugged it in yesterday and vroooooom :)))))

Kal