Toyopet stout rk 100 1963- require help for parts etc

Toyopet 1963

Hi Toyota peeps. I have aquired a toyopet stout 1963 model and I live in katoomba blue mountains NSW Australia and would like some getting bits and pieces for a mainly mechanical restoration. I need help with brake master cylinder and brake pads- where to buy? I need a steering wheel complete unbroken, rubber snorkel to connect to air intake, and a workshop or owners manual. In general a place that can supply parts that I may need on goingly as maintenance for my newly loved original vehicle.

i thought some photos would help my cause. arthur 0415 292 870

post-38142-0-12913100-1430830262_thumb.j

post-38142-0-52481900-1430830303_thumb.j

post-38142-0-48952200-1430830431_thumb.j

Edited by Toyopet 1963

• 4 weeks later...

Best of luck bud, If you have a wrecking yard up your way check out early 70s Coronas, Crowns and hiace vans .

My cousin has one and it now runs a 4y, celica 5 speed, Ford 12 slotters, LPG,

Hi Conrod. Thankyou for your interest , it's nice to hear from someone in Toyota land for the first time since my advert from last month. That's a good idea about the wrecking yards. There is a reasonable one in Lawson or I need to let my fingers do some walking in Penrith or Windsor etc. I did manage to find a business in australia that will be able to sell me most things I need at this stage and I will keep my both eyes open on e bay etc aswell. Arthur

Once you start looking you will be amazed as was he, at what actually interchanged. I know when he first bought it, it used to rev its t*ts off at 50mph/ 80kph, went to thewreckers and sure enough a diff centre out of a hiace went straight in,I,m sure he said it needed to be able to accept the thicker axles

Hi. I guess your right about the looking part. I wanted to avoid changing gears in the diff housing by cheating and using larger diameter light truck tyres like the originals as seen in the photos of my old beasty but mabee i need more than that. My current tyres which are barely passable are date stamped 1982 and good old Australian made Firestones- I think. Ideally I would like this to cruise at around 100 kms a hour with seat belts fitted ofcourse. The last rego of this stout was in 1991 so it's going to be a process in bringing it up to speed and the driveable restoration started last week with me overhauling the fuel system. I want to get it driveable first so I can drive it in and out of and around my car park and to various local trusted repairers. A

• 3 weeks later...

thankyou good idea. im just getting sent up this week some books as a reference( toyopet crown, lite stout etc) so hopefully where ive made a few little mistakes so far the books will help with this. i cant believe how much time goes bye just sorting out and detailing some nuts and bolts with sandpaper and polishing same- wow what a lengthy process but when im out driving it i guess the pain will be worth it. keep the interest coming . a

that sounds sensible but i just seem to to things the hard way and the long way around without detours. i guess thats the nature of the beast. any advise on brakes and boosters? my system is totally shot and needs overhauling since the car has been sitting since 1991. can you tell by the photo of the right hand side of the truck is the booster in ther correct factory position ? a

• 2 months later...

Hey Toyopet 1963,

I've just brought a 1977 Stout in very good condition and I'm not sure if the Booster is the same as yours but mine is right at the front R/H corner.

Cheers

NOZ

post-38941-0-72932600-1441013033_thumb.j

hi noz. through my mechanic only last week he sourced one for me ( $500) and he is also doing some other jobs just to help me out time wise as i gave myself a time limit to have it on the road and with lots more time and patience it should happen before the end of the year. my booster looks very much different and if you look at my photos its under the tray right hand side and i think that was a standard position for them. yours looks very good from first impressions. are you able to send me more photos? how many kms and do you know its history? thanks for your thoughts. arthur

Hi Arthur,

Its a one owner brought new locally with 99950k's on the clock. I brought it of my neighbours estate, he sadly past away a few months ago. I've got the original rego & insurance papers too, its been under cover all its life and is in exceptionally good condition as can be seen by the interior.

Cheers

NOZ

post-38941-0-52997800-1441346719_thumb.j

post-38941-0-05557500-1441346746_thumb.j

post-38941-0-08194800-1441346776_thumb.j

hi noz. thats a nice looking vehicle. if i wasnt doing a makeover on my old girl i would like to know could yours be for sale. my vehicle is original aswell but its had alot of time sun baking in the wild west. i believe my old truck has only 38,000 miles from new but difficult to determine exactly as there is not a sixth digit on the speedo but ive had it checked out and becuase of limiting (original parts) wear factors on mechanics like the steering assembly, wear factors on gerabox linkages, drive train etc, etc i would say its a 38,000 mile truck only. ive been offered through a third party aswell through a Toyota dealer in Melbourne $30,000 plus for my one but its not for sale as i didnt buy to sell but rather to part restore and enjoy driving and owning. its becoming part of my small family and cant wait to get my registed as its been out since 1991 and has the tyres still on it dating back to 1982 with the date stamp teiing me the year of manufacture on the Firestones. the tyres will not pass rego as they have cracked due to age but the tread is atleast 80% though. what is your immediate plans with yours? arthur

Stella's not for sale as I've promised my old neighbours family that i would look after her. I plan on just taking her out for the odd Sunday drive and may be a show or two. Her first one coming up early November I'm interested in how much attention she'll get.

Cheers

Noz

hi noz. stella is gorgeous by the way. i wanted to ask you in my last post if you know how could i install a heater in the toyopet? there doesnt seeem to be a heater but im surre when they were new the heater must of been a optional extra. i dont want to re route the radiator hoses into the cabin but is there another way to have a heater in a car without me using a kerosene style heater-lol. arthur

• 2 months later...

Hi. The re- build is going but i havnt had much feedback from the toyota club people about the parts i need. Ive found what i can locally and various australian contacts but need more. Im having trouble locating the tail shaft rubber boots, number plate light, manual choke cable, floor coverings or vinyl replacements and the plastic split steel rim covers or wheel trims etc. If anyone can help please call me. Its amazing to think the upholsory for the seats etc is costing more than the tor engine and is taking 5 time longer. I will be waiting until early next year for the seats to be complete. So far so good and im still enjoying the process but it does take its toll on my patients at times. Arthur 0415 292 870. Cheers

Hello,

I have just been bequeathed a 1965 Lite Stout purchased new by my Grandfather, the vehicle has been store in a woodshed all its life apart from limited paddock use. It is currently unregistered and requires a fuel pump kit and a brake rebuild.

Can anyone assist with parts suppliers?

Kind regards Brett

• 2 months later...

hi brett. i found some really nice guys at auto surplus in victoria and they actually get back to you quickly and offer good old stock parts other than that your going to do alot of computer work to try and loctate parts for it. ive been making some parts myself or a friend of mine has been machining parts on his metal lathe. i guess the more people you know and the more people know your doing the project the better off you will be and its called networking. im next after some original chrome wheel trims for my split 16 inch split steel rims which are difficult to source and i would like a steering wheel as my original has its outer plastic/ baker lite cracking and its horn trim has been broken off at some point but apart from that im still pushing on with it in between work commitements, girlfriend, family and friend,s. arthur :cool:  

• 7 months later...

Hi guys. Do you guys or girls have any stout radios? I need one for my re build and I thought I would ask here. Also need a chrome horn ring typically found on the steering wheel. Arthur fayle from katoomba on 0415 292 870.  Thankyou for any help.

• 1 year later...

hi guys. ive got the old truck registered and went to lady luck festival in katoomba last month- january 20 2018. . its been a 3 year project and about 2000 hours but been worth it. i hope i dont do this kind of work again. go to young guns motorcycles on you tube to see a video of it running at my shop in katoomba.   arthur fayle 0415 292 870

20180120_101029[1].jpg

Photo2091[1].jpg

20170919_154806[1].jpg

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2018 at 11:32 PM, Toyopet 1963 said:

hi guys. ive got the old truck registered and went to lady luck festival in katoomba last month- january 20 2018. . its been a 3 year project and about 2000 hours but been worth it. i hope i dont do this kind of work again. go to young guns motorcycles on you tube to see a video of it running at my shop in katoomba.   arthur fayle 0415 292 870

20180120_101029[1].jpg

Photo2091[1].jpg

20170919_154806[1].jpg

Nice job Arthur!