ae112 wont start

Hi new here so please be gentle,

A friend of mine lost his master key to his 2000 model accent corolla so we went to the wreckers and got a ignition barrel and matching ecu.

so i put it in for him now the car turns over but wont start.

have i missed something? you help is mutch appreciated,

regards jeremy

Edited by jezza123

Thanks for your reply,

Not to sure the guy at the wreckers said basically this is all i need, there is spark so the immobiliser module could be it, i hope not as i just want to help a mate out but dont want to spend his money.

Have checked google and dont seem to have any anwsers.

Regards Jeremy

So is there something more that needs to be replaced?

What we got was an ignition barrel, ecu and a black ring that sits on the top of the ignition barrel.

Something else that might be of concern was the battery was dead flat so when we tried to start it it was on jumper leads. Is it possible the voltage aint enough. I dont have a fluke meter to check and there is alot of (green powder) around the terminals.

sorry i cant be of more help info wise

regards Jeremy

well i will ring the wreckers in the morning on the hope they can supply me that one from the same wreck. As I live in Tweed Heads and they sourced the parts from a Brisbane store,fingers crossed they can source it from the same car the ecu and rest of the parts came from.

And i cant thankyou enough on your input, time and patience and will let you know how this turns out.

Take care.

Regards Jeremy

Edited by jezza123

I'm not so sure it's the immobiliser - I'm not that familiar with the Jap-made AE112 wiring but the Aus-made AE102 setup has the immobiliser/security system cut power to the starter motor relay, so if the immobiliser isn't deactivated the car will not crank at all.

Is the car a manual? If so, give the battery a good charge off a jump-pack and try clutch/push-starting it to rule out the battery terminals. Regardless, give the terminals and battery posts a good clean and make sure they are clamped down tight and try the jump-start again.

You need an immo box and key that are matched but its not as simple as just putting it in the car, that then has to be linked to the ECU.

Best way is to take the Immo box and drivers side door lock to an Auto locksmith. They can cut you a key key and code the transponder. It will cost you a couple of hundred dollars but its a lot better than having 2 keys for the car and all the stuffing around.

• 7 years later...

Hi I’m Owen I have some Corolla 2000 model parts our car got written off in a hail storm before I fixed it 1 drivers side front mudguard freshly painted white full carpet for a manual gray windscreen moulding brand new in wrapping and may be a couple of other things make a bid cleaning out garage