03 Camry Azura - Running Slightly Rough - Suggestions.

auspom

Just purchased an 03 Camry Azura 3.0L 6cyl and she has been running smoothly for the 1st 2 weeks, then I put her into a Toyota dealer to have a new timing belt fitted and she was running fine after getting her back although did not get her onto the freeway and up to top speed.

Also had a tow bar fitted and an auto spark who had to splice into the rear wiring loom to get the 7 pin plug for the indicators/lights etc to work on caravan/trailer as they no longer do the plug n play harness connector however since he spliced in now when I get the car to between 65kph and 95kph and just hold steady at either of those speeds or any speed in between she seems to have a slight splutter or surging back and forth which is annoying but as soon as you accelerate it disappears until you maintain any constant speed then it comes back.

I was told that on the 03 Camry that you don't need that small computer type box fitting when wiring up a tow bar but can only think that this problem has started since he spliced into the loom.

Could it be that it needs the computer fitting to send correct signals to the ecu or could it be from the fitting of the timing belt.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Gilbo.

Edited by auspom

99.9% sure that is has nothing to do with the towbar harness fitting. There may have been a vacuum line or electrical connector missed on the timing belt reassembly.

Hi Trentmeyer23

Thanks for the reply.

Had the car back into the Toyota dealership today(Martin Jonkers Toyota Morayfield) who re checked the timing belt replacement work and all was done to specifications re timing marks etc.

They found the fault to be a dirty EGR valve so they removed and cleaned it up saying that it was now working ok but probably would be better replaced completely but car is now running fine with no hesitations but they did say it might creep back.

Good dealership(Martin Jonkers Toyota Morayfield) and never charged one cent to do the job so very happy with them.

Can you let me know if its easy to replace the EGR valve on a 3.0L Camry Azura and what sort of price would an EGR valve be to purchase here in Australia.

Thanks

Gilbo.

Edited by auspom

• 1 month later...