Kluger 19" Alloys on an Aurion/Camry

1badkiwi

Acid8000 

would you think the same tyres 245/40/19 you have would be the same with my trd rims.  Looking at tyres now I currently running 245/35/19 stock suspension

I would assume about the same. I ended up installing some King Springs standard height springs to get rid of some slight scrubbing on undulating roads and sharp speed bumps when I had passengers in the rear, and it's been perfect since. The springs may need to be replaced over time to continue avoiding any scrubbing issues; hoping that's quite some time in the future though. Below is a pic so you can see the result. It does appear about 1 cm higher than stock without passengers or heavy cargo. I'm not keen on rolling the guards, so this is the best solution.

23202464115_dde1b20090_h.jpg

17 hours ago, acid8000 said:

I would assume about the same. I ended up installing some King Springs standard height springs to get rid of some slight scrubbing on undulating roads and sharp speed bumps when I had passengers in the rear, and it's been perfect since. The springs may need to be replaced over time to continue avoiding any scrubbing issues; hoping that's quite some time in the future though. Below is a pic so you can see the result. It does appear about 1 cm higher than stock without passengers or heavy cargo. I'm not keen on rolling the guards, so this is the best solution.

Phil, i too recently changed to 19"s and have issues with scrubbing on bumpy roads when i have passengers in the rear. Do the standard height king springs have a stiffer spring rate or what?

I believe so, but to be honest I'm not sure about the technical details just off hand. I know that without any passengers or luggage the car sits about 1.5 cm higher than it did stock and that was enough to prevent any scrubbing with heavy passengers and luggage on all roads I've driven on since about mid last year, including the run from Sydney to Melbourne via Canberra and the Monaro Hwy and back via the Hume.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Having had a brief read of this thread I am pretty sure you can mate. There is also plenty of clearance with 19's for the calipers. Some have reported speedo error with certain tyre combinations so this is something you'll need to keep in mind and perhaps do a little more research before choosing the right tyre combo.