Kluger 19" Alloys on an Aurion/Camry

1badkiwi

I've been looking for 19" Kluger alloys for a few months now to replace the 19x8 FPV agents because of the 28.5 rear off set. So tonight on the way home from work I picked up a set that are 98% scratch free.

I'll be getting them power coated before they are fitted with tyres, but the wife and I have to agree on a colour first. I want bronze but it's not looking good for me.

Edited by 1badkiwi

I,d be inclined to leave them as they are. Once they are dipped for prep to powder coat, theres no lookin back.

just my two bobs worth.

Good lookin wheel by the way, good score :g:

The wife and I have decided to paint the gray painted areas on the alloys gloss black to match the car, so I'll be leaving the face polished for a almost factory look.

Thanks Phil. So after Trent's little pokes at me (thanks again for that lol) I decided to have the wheels fitted and not paint or powder coat them. They look killa, so much better than the FPV agents and the Camry seems to drive/feel better on the road. Here's three pics of the three sets of wheels the Camry has had over two years.

post-14194-0-56023100-1432119973_thumb.j

post-14194-0-83998500-1432120000_thumb.j

post-14194-0-30963400-1432120065_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hey mate killer car just wondering if you could help me with a few questions

When running the kluger rims what tryes are you running. Can u run the ones that come on the kluger?

Any difficulties with the fpv rims. Are they straight swap?

What suspension you running?

Tyres are 225/35/19 but will soon be changing to 235/40/19 to get the speedo right.

I'm using super low king springs for now.

The FPV wheels bolt straight on but you will need a plastic ring made to centre the wheel on the hub/brake disk.

Kluger tyres are way off in size that a Aurion or Camry can use safely, I can only see bad things happening if you did.

Edited by 1badkiwi

How did u find out what correct tyres to use. 235 40 19?

The Aurion trd ones 245 35 19

I found a set just getting a price on tyres

Tyres are 225/35/19 but will soon be changing to 235/40/19 to get the speedo right.

I'm thinking of doing the same as I've got the same issue. The speedo on my Aurion was already reporting speeds a bit higher than actual with the stock 215/55/R17 setup, but with the 245/35/R19 setup it's reporting about 8% too fast compared with a GPS and judging by the rest of the traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a set of Kumho KU39 tyres in 245/40/R19 installed on my Aurion with Kluger gen 2, 10 spoke, 19" alloys (old pic here) and the speedo is now pretty much right on in terms of speed reported vs. actual speed (based on the Toyota sat nav). Much more accurate compared to the rubbish 245/35/R19 generic tyres I had previously, and likely more accurate than the stock 215/55/R17 setup. The sat nav only reports excessive speed on the M4 on a 100 km/h section if the speedo is at about 102 km/h.

Pretty happy with the end result.

• Like 1

I'll get some pics this weekend. I gotta say the aesthetic difference going from 245/35/R19 to 245/40/R19 is pretty significant up close to the car. Looks and rides much better now.

• Like 1

It's rather difficult getting decent photos of the KU39 tyres at night after work but here are some. I'll try get some better ones this weekend during the day.

18050084284_2bb0ac16db_h.jpg

18050069624_5d9062a06f_h.jpg

18486564699_23e6693d9e_h.jpg

They were $320 each at Kmart Tyre and Auto Mount Druitt, and I know that's rather pricey but it was the only place close enough to work at the time. I needed new tyres rather urgently because one of the four generic rubbish tyres was starting to bulge after sitting idle over the long weekend and I intended on replacing all at a different size as soon as any needed replacing.