2016 Prado

Jimmyboy

Is there much information out about the 2016 Prado, any photos, videos etc? Also any thoughts on the new 2.8l engine and gearbox? We are looking at getting a new 4WD and just test drove the 2015 Altitude, but I was pretty dissapointed with it, my wife on the other hand loved it and we're really struggling to find something that we both like. I'd be happy to get a Prado if the engine, gearbox and interior were improved, so I'm hoping the 2016 fixes these. Thoughts?

• 3 months later...

Just went for a test drive in a 2016 GLX yesterday.

Engine and transmission vastly better than the previous model. But still basically like a truck.

I was thinking of buying one, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Why?

1. The cost. Way too expensive. In particular the dealer and delivery charges are ridiculous. And on top of the Recommended retail Price. Heavens above - this is on top of the RETAIL price. Retail is supposed to cover it.

So, I'm waiting...what for you ask: MERCEDES GLC (same price, 100x better), TOURAG ELEMENTS (same price, 100x better).

• 4 months later...

Go test drive the VX, GXL vs VX like chalk and cheese. You get what you pay for. Toyota always have a strong reputation for reliability which gives great resale.

I purchased a 2016 VX 2.8l for 76k including towbar ,mats and tint. Servicing costs a lower than Europeans and parts cost lower as well.