1mz Egr valve

1badkiwi

Can I remove the Egr valve or will this just cause the check light to come on ?

100% sure The Check light will come on ~
If I put delete plates in and leave all the EGR in place, will the check light still come on ? Edited by 1badkiwi

• 2 weeks later...

I got some Egr delete plates off eBay and fitted them on Saturday......so far so good, check light has not come on and I have done about 40km of driving. Maybe the MCV20 is different to the ACV36 camrys.

Edited by 1badkiwi

The check light came on, so I have refitted the Egr valve on top of the delete plate But I did not refit the pipe between the Egr valve and exhaust manifold. This is working well after 2days. I will update again if anything changes.

Random question but why are you guys blocking of the egr to begin with?

To reduce pollution :rolleyes:
Removing the EGR increases pollution.

The EGR is designed to recirculate exhaust gases in order to reduce NOx levels and meet emissions regulations. In doing so this it hinders performance. People remove this system in order to gain the power lost.

I blocked the Egr valve to stop carbon build up in the intake manifold and on the valves and pistons. I was on Toyota Nation forum and I came across Seafoam Motor Treatment. My mcv20 daily has done 270xxx km, so Im now waiting for my delivery of seafoam to help clean the carbon build up that is partly caused by the Egr.

http://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-motor-treatment/why-sea-foam-motor-treatment-works/

Edited by 1badkiwi

I blocked the Egr valve to stop carbon build up in the intake manifold and on the valves and pistons. I was on Toyota Nation forum and I came across Seafoam Motor Treatment. My mcv20 daily has done 270xxx km, so Im now waiting for my delivery of seafoam to help clean the carbon build up that is partly caused by the Egr.

http://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-motor-treatment/why-sea-foam-motor-treatment-works/

Nulon make an intake cleaning product as well. Works well.

Makes sense, just out of curiosity what kind of power gains are expected ?

Minimal without any form of tuning.

Fair enough, so once again out of curiosity what kind of gain would be expected with tuning? Honestly I'm not planning on really doing this because I'm sure it less than legal bit it's always good to know

I'm not looking for any horsepower gains, just want the Camry to run smoother and get a few more kms out of a tank of fuel. I get about 700-750km per tank of fuel. I've replaced the plugs and leads and have a k&n panel filter from my old Celica st204.

Edited by 1badkiwi