2010 toyota aurion sat nav replacement

avneet

Hi guys, i have a 2010 aurion sportivo with the 5 inch screen on the head unit for reversing camera and other radio controls. I have managed to get a aurion 2007 grande head unit which come with gps, reversing camera and a bigger 7 inch screen. Problem is after swapping the units, the reversing camera doesnt work now with the aurion grande head unit. The reversing camera is the original one which worked fine with the 5 inch screen head unit. What needs to be done to make it work with the aurion grande head unit?

Your original headunit will have a 20-pin plug which contains the wiring for your reversing camera, whereas your new headunit will have a 24-pin plug. Both of these plugs are different sizes between the two units and in slightly different locations, so you'll have to move the existing wires to suit the connector on the new headunit. So basically it's just a case of moving the wires around to the correct location so that your reversing camera gets power and signal.

These images are courtesy of other threads on this forum, showing the facelift plug and the pre-facelift SatNav plug for the reversing camera. Any auto electrician should easily be able to solve the problem.

post-15527-0-90965000-1435561393_thumb.j

post-15527-0-92305100-1435561412_thumb.j

Thanks so much. I think its a bit out of my league so i will take it to a auto electrician i think along with the images tou provided. Thanks heaps

No worries. Here's some more information (courtesy of other members on this forum) in relation to which pins you'll need to connect your existing wiring to on the SatNav unit (ignore the part about the adapter cable on the RH side of image #1). Pin #5 of the 5-pin plug in photo #2 is the reverse signal wire, which tells the camera to come on when you select reverse gear. The wires on the other plug are what actually gives it power, signal and ground. You can just probe the terminals like shown in the second photo, instead of actually needing the original plastic connector/wires.

post-15527-0-71566300-1435563413_thumb.j

post-15527-0-70332600-1435563419_thumb.j

Edited by Full-Throttle

With all this information, i could give it a go myself. I am a technician but for security and access control system. So im not too bad with wiring and stuff. But what i need to know is that since my car doesnt even have the 24 pin male plug, where do i get this plug from?

With all this information, i could give it a go myself. I am a technician but for security and access control system. So im not too bad with wiring and stuff. But what i need to know is that since my car doesnt even have the 24 pin male plug, where do i get this plug from?

In lieu of the original 24-pin plug you could use some small cylindrical spade terminal connectors instead, and connect them directly to the pins themselves. So it's essentially like having the original plastic plug, but you're attaching the wire directly to the terminals on the back of the headunit.

Guys, i tried taking the 4 wires out of the 20 pin connector which were for the camera. I believe it was pins 11, 12, 13 & 14. And wired into pins 21, 22, 23 & 24 with spade connectors as per the instructions but still no go. All out steering control and display works but reversing camera is still a no go.

Guys, i tried taking the 4 wires out of the 20 pin connector which were for the camera. I believe it was pins 11, 12, 13 & 14. And wired into pins 21, 22, 23 & 24 with spade connectors as per the instructions but still no go. All out steering control and display works but reversing camera is still a no go.

Sounds like you're almost there! You've now given the camera power and signal, but you're missing just one wire - The reverse gear wire to tell the camera to turn on. This is a single wire which goes into the pin #5 of the 5-pin plug on the back of your SatNav headunit, shown in this photo:

post-15527-0-21764600-1435831944_thumb.j

Oh ok. **** i put everything back together. I shall try again tomorrow. Maybe third time lucky. Lol

I will try doing it tonight. Hope it works. Do i need to connect the sat nav speed sensor wire aswell for my gps to work?

I will try doing it tonight. Hope it works. Do i need to connect the sat nav speed sensor wire aswell for my gps to work?

As far as I know, the speed sensor wire is only a safety feature to lock you out of inputting addresses on the GPS when moving at over 5kph, so you shouldn't need to connect it.

Thanks a lot mate. Everything is going now. But just realized that if i use hands free to call than person on other end cant hear me. My old unit had builtin mic. Maybe this unit doesn't?

Thanks a lot mate. Everything is going now. But just realized that if i use hands free to call than person on other end cant hear me. My old unit had builtin mic. Maybe this unit doesn't?

Great to hear!! :D. Yeah this unit doesn't have a built-in mic. The mic is meant to be in the interior light surround by the rear vision mirror (you'll see the little spot for it, but there'll be no microphone in there). You could wire in an aftermarket mic easily enough though.

Ok thanks. Thats the next mission. And by the way the reverse signal wire was not the purple one. It was the red one on pin 5. I guess the purple one must have been for the sat nav speed sensor.

Ok thanks. Thats the next mission. And by the way the reverse signal wire was not the purple one. It was the red one on pin 5. I guess the purple one must have been for the sat nav speed sensor.

Whoops, got my colours mixed up :P. Glad you got it working.

• 6 years later...

Hi guys, I have a sportivo with sat nav, reverse cam abs all that..

HMI: YSJ04010.1.1 13.08.05.15.27
MCU: SJ801.130716
MEDIA: MMP.2013.8.3.8.36.
NKV: MT.1.0 2013.07.24.17.26
TV : BT201307161055(33:60:70:33:13:60)
DVDROM:13.21.1.NAND.1200XH.c.0.HMI
: YSJ04010.1.1
MCU: SJ801.130716
MEDIA: MMP.2013.8.3.8.36.
NKV: MT.1.0 2013.07.24.17.26
TV : BT201307161055(33:60:70:33:13:60)
DVDROM:13.21.1.NAND.1200XH.c.0.

But I lost the SD card now there is no say nav.  I bought another from eBay, supposedly with the maps on it.  But it didn’t work…any advice???  Thanks.   Kat

Hi Kat, Welcome to the forum. What unit did you buy on eBay another SD Card? I choose not to trust eBay anymore for good reliable quality tech. Depending on what money you can spend my first choice would be ditch the head unit and buy something new as many around at good prices and you at least will get the latest maps with them, and usually 1 year of updates as well.

Others on here who live closer may be able to assist and I hope they do, if you do choose to replace the unit pick a very reliable audio place who offer installation or at least can access the wiring harness and surround trim for ease of installation.

If not going that route then maybe see if a good Toyota Service place can help with map SD cards. But with the age of the vehicle my personal choice would be going a new unit as we all deserve to spoil ourselves on occasion.

Let us know what you decide,

KAA