fitted new audio now central locking doesnt work on camry v6 2005

bab054

I just fitted a clarion sat nav system to my 2005 camry sports ( after removing standard 6 stack cd player ) and i dont know if it is coincidental but now the remote central locking is playing up,it beeps twice and wont activate the door locks.If i manually lock all 3 passenger doors then shut the drivers door and use the key to lock is fine and using the remote will unlock all doors but when I go to lock again it beeps twice and doesnt lock,any suggestions.Is the central locking connected through the existing standard 6 stack,any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sounds like the car is thinking that there is either a key left in the ignition of that a door is open.

Can you turn the interior lights on to "Door" and see if it does out.

When you have the key out of the ignition and the door opened does it chime at you ( Not all models do this so this won't eliminate the key insertion switch)

thanks for your reply.I have just got central locking to work now by inserting the master key into the drivers door lock and turning it backward and forward quite a few times until I hear the door locks.Then remote works for a while then stops so I suspect it is either the door lock not actuating or something faulty in the drivers door

Yes, it might be the door lock actuator in the drivers door, these aren't cheap so it's not something you want to just swap out to see if it does fix it. The ones that I have had to replace haven't been locking/ unlocking that specific door as there is a part in them which breaks. As yours still kinda works it might be a dirty contact switch in the actuator so the central locking module doesn't see that the door is closed?

If you are handy at pulling things apart ( and more importantly putting them back together :) ) then you could try pull the actuator apart and clean it out.