How the hell to remove spare tyre.... MCR30 (and removable seats?)

Tarago_owner

Just went to check the spare tyre on my 2001 Estima MCR30, and I can find no way to get it out.

I just can't figure out how to remove the bracket that keeps the tyre in place. The only thing my mechanically minded neighbour can think of, is that a new rear bumper might have been installed, possibly covering a crank hole?

Can anyone possibly explain how the spare tyre might be removed?

Secondly, the rear seats don't seem easily removable, but I have been surprised by this vehicle before...hidden buttons and levers and all sorts of devices. Does anyone have seats that ARE removable and could let me know how it is done on theirs, or if removing non-removable seats is not a giant job, perhaps give me some pointers (I plan to go camping for a week or so, and the spare room in the back would be useful.)

Many Thanks,

Mike

If you open the rear door is there a bolt in the floor or something that lines up with there the spare tire is mounted?

There is a bolt that is under the carpet in rear boot floor, its the single bolt there sticks out like a sore thumb, centerline of car and about 20cm in from bumper. Use the toolkit and losen the bolt to lower the cage that is holding the spare.

Re: seat removal check

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/49734-third-row-seats-removal/

Check out the topic I just did which will help you on removing the spare - http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/51571-estima-fitting-a-full-size-spare-pics-inside/

Sorry, haven't removed the seats as that is one reason why I bought the car, as I need 8 seats.