Chirping Noise Front End.

Taffie

Hi, I have a 1999 Prado 3.4lt on petrol/LPG, that has done 310,000km's. There is a chirping noise coming from the front end when the car is driven when there is no load on the engine (just coasting) and when I accelerate it seems to disappear. Its making the noise most of the time, regardless of whether its running on petrol or LPG, even when its coasting in neutral or even when its rolling with the engine turned off. We thought originally it was the fan belts (which have been replaced), then the front brakes and calipers (which have had a reco). When the car is put up on a hoist, the sound can not be reproduced and there pretty sure its not the wheel bearings either. The noise is only there when driven. My mechanic is scratching his head. Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;

Taffie.

Its a fairly high pitch chirping sound and on closer inspection (hanging out the door), the noise seems to be coming more from directly underneath the drivers seat (on the outside). Hmmmm?

Been underneath and had a good look, trying to move things be hand.....everything thing seems to be in it right spot. Exhaust doesn't move, heat shields are firm...wondering if it might be something to do with the drive train ?