AIR BAG SUSPENSION

Davomic94

Hey guys,
I have a few questions regarding airbag suspensions.

1. Are they illegal to have in victoria ??
2. If anyone in victoria/melbourne have done airbags to there aurions what would be a good place to get them done

3. How much would I be looking at spending if I were to get airbag suspension ? 1k - 2k??

Help would be great. Cheers Dave

Hey dave, I have received quotes for bags for around 7-9k which are engineered and are legal, otherwise you can get them installed for 2-4k but it wouldn't be legal, I know plenty of people who run them that aren't engineered but run the risk of being defected. Hope this helps.

1.engineered = legal

not engineered = not legal

its illegal if not engineered bcoz straya; nuff said

2. DIY

3. 4k+, dont forget you gotta put moneys aside incase lines get fckd, or some other bs happens

of course, its a machine, were you expecting everything to work in your favour forever ?

leaks/blocks in lines, compressors not working ; two of the common things that ive heard happen

The bag itself can even blow out, I've heard two pop before, and there bloody loud! But most common things are what jeffy mentioned. If I had the cash laying around, I would bag mine, they do look tough when done right! There's a guy in Sydney with a bagged zr6 and it is so damn sexy! I'd certainly do some research and find a reputable installer, at the end of the day they'll be able to answer your questions, it's what they do for a living.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd look more towards pneumatic dampers (air dampers) this is going to allow you to do multiple things to your car,

Most important is the raising and lowering,

And the other is tide comfort.

So instead of sacrificing the ride when you changes your height, if done right it will keep a comfortable ride and can aid in better handling too.

Sorry I should have mentioned,

I had looked into it a little and was going to cost approximately 2k +

But I don't know if they were engineered or not.

But you will find some and you hopefully won't look back.

If you can get an adaptive management system then you can program it to change the the ride to how you drive, for example comfort in drive and sport in sports shift

Haven't done must research into them. Kind of low on funds at the moment, was thinking of getting a set of rims first before i get airbags. I mean airbags aren't the be all and end all. Id say rims would be my next goal, then may airbags. But I just wanted to get an idea of costing see what people thought about them, etc. :)

• Like 1

Aww cool.

Yeah they would be nice but I'm in a similar boat.

I know some Lexus models have airbags from factory so maybe they might have some that would fit?