Is the 2015 Aurion this quick?

HULK_ATX

Hi

I'm new to the forums, I bought my first brand new Aurion last week..

I'm stunned at the 0-100km/h times of these machines

I know the new 2015 spec is supposed to be 70kg lighter than the earlier Aurions but mine seems pretty quick for a stock AT-X

Mods planned are wheels and tint only, maybe a K&N panel filter and that's it. Awesome machines didn't know what I was missing

Watch video and time for yourself

http://vid667.photobucket.com/albums/vv31/Fairlane93/Mobile%20Uploads/20150808_215214.mp4

i had the privilege of being invited out with the porsche club of wa a few weekends back, out of a field of 30 porsches of various ages, the trd aurion placed a very impressive 6th place overall and best terminal velocity down a section of closed road at 245 km/h.

the speedo after 150km/h is bloody impressive and she gets skittish around 180km/h on some flowing corners.

but the acceleration is relentless, i hit the speed limiter 3 times which is around 250 km/h, too focused to look down. but wow.. 4th to 5th gear changes around 170km/h, car surges forward into 5th it just keeps going!

and the braking! wow.. my teenage son and i received a standing ovation by the club members when we pulled in as we were last out on the circuit..

to the people at toyota oz, a incredible job on a fleet sedan. pity no more were ever made. i cannot bring myself to part with this car.. TRD aurion518 is the best family car i have ever had. and it did the circuit with a baby seat in the back!

Note the "of various ages". Non-turbo classic Porsches aren't _that_ fast, same as older Ferraris. A TRD Aurion could probably see off anything up to an F355 or 993 in a straight line.

Must of been slow Porches, Aurion's aren't that fast.

I think the new aurion has shaved off a fair bit of weight. It's around 100kg lighter than the pre 2012 car. Plus electric power steer would give more power to the wheels. Maybe the duel exhaust adds a bit too. Then there is the added traction from revised drive shaft.

It think toyota are playing possum with the new aurion. Trying to keep it under the 130kw per ton so p platers can drive it. But I think it's over... We'll over..

Edited by HULK_ATX

@robbozr6,

just saying i never had a chance to unleash the trd aurion in that type of environment.

super car fast is all up to the individual. if i want to go from around 4km/h to 100km/h in just over 2 seconds, i use the water for that.

and majority of people that owned the porsches, were generally in the 60+ age group.

going fast is one thing, but dont forget the stopping power of the trd aurion over the standard aurion. repeated stops from around 200km/h to around 60km/h and no brake fade.

i would really like to see a track day of a zr6 vs a trd aurion of the same model.

Retro is also posting about a TRD Aurion, which is not really what HULK_ATX was asking.

Yeah i know but when someone claims they finish 6th out of 30 Porches and hit the speed limiter 3x at 250k thats a big achievement in my books.

retro

What track did you race?

robbo,

it wasnt a race track, just sections of country roads closed off for an event.

it wasnt a smooth race track.

there were plenty of high powered porcshes there, most owners were backing off around 200km/h.. but the section i got my speed run was quite a bumpy exit corner, a short straight then hard on the brakes into a hair pin.

the aurion is no race car. but it surprised the hell out of myself and others what it was capable of.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the aurion boys doing to upgrade their performance

We have to ensure we give the falcon guys the hurry up when need be..

We can stock but when those falcon guys mod their cars they can give is a few headaches

• 2 weeks later...

Can't beat a Ford FG turbo awesome cars, makes a Aurion feel gutless.

I have both.

I also have both.

A worked xr6 turbo makes anything seen gutless..

Aurion holds its own againt plenty of cars stock for stock

About how much bhp & torque do you get from a worked Xr6 ? Is it up to/more than V8 numbers ??

Still getting the feel of my ATX after a couple of weeks, beautifully quiet when driven gently, seems pretty quick to me by comparison with other (stock) cars on the road, but it's a largish sedan, driven a few hot and modded cars which make it seem ordinary. Easy to speed though, no noise feedback....

(I still remember an Alpina bi-turbo converted M535i I drove about 30 years ago - that was close to the ultimate Q car - it was even that boring BMW maroon of the time, but hit the throttle and it was a total monster)

• 1 month later...

Just one other suggestion, add on a super charger

Rotrex plus a modified TRD transferring rod, The power is far more better with direct boost in bar, set at 0.8 bar based on pulley ratio and safety aspect

My is yet to be tested on a Dyno machine on the number of HP achievable

Accompanied with water intercooler for the in-takes and gear box air intercooler triggering at 70 degree C

With this solution will definitely out beat any STD Aurion

post-36653-0-70848600-1442490491_thumb.j