mechanical fuel pump on a 1kz in a ln106 anyone done it ????

ethan1kzDulecabTas

Anything is possible, with enough time, effort and money. I commend your thinking-mechanical systems do not meter as well as electronic ones, but fail more slowly and are repairable with less technology and in remote areas. IMO they are likely to be far more reliable, and thus safer for use in remote areas, where a dead car means personal death. Cars are a most unfriendly environment for any electronics, and failures are just a matter of time, and are totally unpredictable and likely to be instantaneous. The cost of replacements is very high, and I've heard several times of cars being towed/transported 100's of km just to get a correct diagnosis from a larger servicing center. Replacement parts age on the shelf, and become degraded by that to some degree. I'm unaware that they have production dates on them, so your 'new' EMU could easily be 5 yo or worse. Time alone will kill it, so you've paid top dollar for an unknown aged part. I think that's unfair, especially if there's no warranty. I say this because I'm a qualified microcomputer hardware technician, able to design, build, maintain and test microcomputer systems. ADEE(MT) Circa 1993 and I am acutely aware of the vulnerabilities of microprocessor electronics, and the production cost minimizations that the auto industry uses at the expense of owner convenience, operating costs, vehicle reliability and safety. All vehicles are a compromise between what its's to do, how well it does it and how much the customer will pay for it. Some customers only look at the purchase price, others look at the long term running costs too. Some want certain features, some just want basic transport. Everyone wants a bargain. They need good reason to spend more than the absolute minimum.