Need help with check engine light!!!

Hi all. I own Toyota corolla auto 2006 sedan (used). Couple of weeks ago, check engine light came on. Took it to my local mechanic scanned the code. It read P0335, cam shaft and crank shaft sensors. My mechanic replaced both sensors, drove the car for few more days, light came back, he re-scanned it still showed P0335. He checked it thoroughly and said there is nothing wrong with parts from inside. And I still has check engine light on. Could anyone please advice me what to do? Should I keep driving ignoring the light or take it dealer? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Car drives absolutely fine, never stalled or had trouble starting.

Cheers

Never ignore a check engine light. Have something done about it and if need be a dealer. There could be an issue with the wiring harness or the sensor is not reading the trigger wheel as it is spinning.

Hi Trentmeyer23. Thanks for your reply. My mechanic had a thorough look at timing chain, and everything else related he couldn't find anything wrong with it. And car driver absolutely fine (no change in engine noise). I have already spent around a grand in diagnosing and replacing sensors. I am not sure how much dealership would cost and I don't want to spend more than what my car is worth at the moment.

• 3 months later...

Hi Trentmeyer23. Thanks for your reply. My mechanic had a thorough look at timing chain, and everything else related he couldn't find anything wrong with it. And car driver absolutely fine (no change in engine noise). I have already spent around a grand in diagnosing and replacing sensors. I am not sure how much dealership would cost and I don't want to spend more than what my car is worth at the moment.

I am not sure how much dealership would cost and I don't want to spend more than what my car is worth at the moment.

Exactly. Check engine light came on in our 04 Corolla about a year ago.Ignored it as car was running fine.Light is still on. I am not advocating the check engine light should be ignored but in our case the car seems fine.

If it is diagnosed correctly, there should be no reason to unnecessarily replace sensors. This is the difference between a good and bad mechanic. Throwing parts at it until it is fixed is not the way to go.

• Like 1

I am not sure how much dealership would cost and I don't want to spend more than what my car is worth at the moment.

Exactly. Check engine light came on in our 04 Corolla about a year ago.Ignored it as car was running fine.Light is still on. I am not advocating the check engine light should be ignored but in our case the car seems fine.

Ignoring a check-engine light just because the car "seems fine" is a recipe for disaster. Either something is wrong and you're ignoring it (letting it possibly get worse), or because the CEL is always on you won't notice anything different when something DOES go wrong in the future until it is too late.

• Like 1