Hilux 2013 Bluetooth - Clear in the car but muffled and distorted at the other end

Juan Cruz

2 years of utter frustration with my Bluetooth and my Toyota Dealer say its not their problem. As a travelling sales person I have covered 99,000 km in 23 months in utter frustration with the Bluetooth. I can hear them and everyone says its sound like I am under water.I have a Iphone 6.

Final inspection is up, probably will get the same response from Toyota when I complain about it.

OK car for the job if you don't need a phone, seriously thinking of changing cars. A $16,000 Hyundi rental have near perfect bluetooths.

Is there anyone having this same issue?

Secondly, my toyota canopy has had a broken lock for 13 weeks and they still can't get a part. What happens to issues that keep recurring are they still under warranty?

I think my sister has the record--4wk old new model Turbo Diesel Pajero: Gearbox died outer rural NSW-waited 147days for part from Japan. Just wasn't available til then, they said. This was abt 1987(?). Sorta messed up their prospecting trip that year.

I KNOW it's prob warranty, but surely it's not THAT hard to retrofit a suitable device? It's prob only a plug in card & need not be OEM?

They know it's cheaper for you to fix than change cars.

Edited by Manxman

I think you may have and issue with your headunit/microphone. Both myself and a friend both have a 2013 Hilux and we can both talk to each other on bluetooth without issue. Mine has the non-sat nav(SR) unit, whilst he has the sat nav unit(SR5).

• Like 1

Presume it's built into the radio/CD unit--might, as I suggested, just be a plugin card into a slot in the radio/CD player. Would be very easy to replace unless fault was further into the system WARNING: Keep fingers out of circuits, and away from digital components, as they are EXTREMELY sensitive to static electrcity. They may not fail immediately, but they will fail if touched or too close. Let a qualified person examine it, though you can remove it from the car with care IFF you know what you're doing. Google/youtube may well offer solution.