Rattling sound under driver seat

Michaelk

I recently bought an Aurion zr6 2008, there is a rattling sound under the driver seat , i have checked under the seat and there is nothing there. It sounds plastic on plastic. Is there anything i should be looking for in particular or can anyone else that can help me

thanks

This sounds like fun....

I have taken the carpet up and there is not much there, a wiring loom, ac vent for the rear passengers feet, some insulting material and I think there may be a couple of clips to hold down the carpet.

On the drivers seat there are multiple plastic items... Even clips to hold your fabric/leather on to the seat frame.

There are holes in the carpet for the ac vents and wiring loom, maybe something has fallen in?

The best way to find out is up someone in there with a light and get them to have a look while driving around.

Just don't get caught by the cops.

Another thing, check under the car, I know you might think I'm stupid but still do it, there may be something stuck that bangs in the wind.

I'm interested to see how you get on.

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes thermal expansion and contraction may cause the main part of the centre console to unseat and cause unusual noises that may sound like they're from beneath the seats. In my car it sometimes causes more of a very slight squeak sound of plastic against plastic than a proper rattling sound, but that's another possibility you might want to investigate. In my case I simply push the console down a bit and the noise disappears.

I dunno mate, that could be so but I know the Aurion centre consol mounts breaks because it's not designed for people to use as a body rest.

I'm interested in what the cause is.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had something similar in sound - ended up being the intermediate shaft in the steering that was the issue - also caused a clunking sound when hitting small bumps etc on the road

Discovered this only after replacing.... front bearings, front hubs, front suspension, 2 engine mounts, 2 pulleys, all brake pads & rotors, tyres and balancing - since then the rattle finaly stopped D: