Kluger steering and Sat Nav issues.

Kluger x2

Hey everybody,

Loving the forum, very helpful info, thanks everybody.

I own 2 Klugers, the wife has the 2010 Grande and I use a 2008 KXS for work.

We just had to take the Grande to the dealer to fix the navigation DVD as I accidentally ejected it and it won't go back in.

I also asked them to check the steering as it has the steering shaft issue.

The technician jumped in when I was dropping the car off and instantly acknowledged the steering issue.

When my wife picked the car up she was told they couldn't fix the nav DVD and charged her $60.

Was told that my VIN is not included in steering issue recall?

When wife went to drive off nothing worked on the stereo, no reverse camera, radio, CD or bluetooth for her phone.

Wife goes back into dealer and met the workshop manager who told wife that the unit was removed, reset button pressed and it didn't fix the problem??

Also told that a reload cd had to be run in nav slot and since that wasn't working, it couldn't be run.

I had to mention in my emails that I'd spoken to ACCC before I received a response.

This is the response:

We are happy to remove your unit and send it to Fujitsu at our cost and get them to provide you with a quote for the repair if that is an avenue you wish to investigate?

In regards your Steering Intermediate Shaft we have received advice from Toyota Australia that they will pay for 50% of the Shaft. Therefore the cost of this repair to you would be $304, but as a gesture of good will Canberra Toyota, will fit the part for you at no cost, therefore the total cost of repair to you is reduced to $132.

We will need to order the parts from Japan, so please advise if you would like us to go ahead and place the order.

Has any one had this issue?

Thanks,

Stu