Classic Vehicle Reports

dodofleet

Hi guys,

First time poster here. We have had Toyota Hilux's in the family for as long as I can remember from late 70s models to early-mid 80s. My brother currently has possession of the family's 1984 Toyota Hilux dual cab (2x4) and I was wanting to get him a Classic Vehicle Report which includes official info on the vehicle such as original options when new and specifications including paint engine and transmission codes from the Toyota archives. I tried ringing Toyota Australia, but they said their records only go back as far as 1990 because before that point in time, a different company controlled Toyota Australia? Below are examples of what Holden and Ford offer:

Ford's Classic Vehicle Report:

www.ford.com.au/faq#o21

Holden's Classic Vehicle Report:

www.holdenhistoricalservices.com.au/order-report

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Chris

I tried ringing Toyota Australia, but they said their records only go back as far as 1990 because before that point in time, a different company controlled Toyota Australia?

Originally, Toyotas were built/assembled in Australia by a company called AMI (Australian Motor Industries), which over the years also assembled CKD kits from Standard, Triumph, Mercedes, Rambler, AMC and other along with Toyotas. Toyota Japan bought out a controlling interest in 1968 but didn't take full control until 1987, and only merged it with the rest of the Toyota operations in 1989, which is when the current Toyota Motor Corporation Australia (TMCA, "Toyota Australia") came into existence.