TooRizky

Just a post for numbers really. What type of audio setup is in your car? Ie, Sub, speakers, amp, sound deadening etc, how much did it set you back and give it a rating out of 10.

I'll start I guess... I'm in the process of installing a soundstream 152hf sub running at 1300rms with type R 6" at the front and type R 6X9" at the back with full boot and door sound deadening. It's going to be running off a kenwood DDX4015BT double din deck. The sub I would rate at 8.5/10 as its from my old car, the speakers I have heard and I would give overall quality a 7 but for their price range, it's more like an 8-9/10. Sound deadening is new for me and I'll update with details of the effect on audio it has once it's all done.

Cheers!

I did have a sub and amp in my car but took it out due to it was killing my battery.

I want to upgrade my speakers, think Kenwood or pioneer 6-9.

I like my stock HU looks nice sounds good enough for me

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an Alpine ina-w900 which is a competition double din unit with nav, BT and DVD. Too old for subs. Selling if anyone's interested. Still got it in the car if anyone wants to test it

I have a Pioneer double din head unit.

Speakers: Rockford Fosgate Power T162S front components, Alpine Type R 6x9

Subs: Twin 12" Kicker L7's

Amps: 1x Kicker KX 400.4 4 Channel Amp and 1x Kicker ZX 2500.1

Wire: 0 gauge throughout

Sound Deadening: Dynamat Extreme one all doors, parcel shelf and boot lid

Without the speaker amp connected the subs will flex the front and rear windscreen but when its all connected the subs ran out of available power and cut out (Battery and Alternator upgrade were on the cards but now aren't a necessity). if it didn't cut out an could reach its potential it would be 10/10. All up cost no more than $3000 mostly 2nd hand parts I scored cheap

PS: I have no boot space and I'm Screwed if I ever get a flat tyre.

Why such a varied audio system? Rockford and alpine speakers together, how does it sound? How much power is going into it currently? I'm waiting for my second soundstream splx-152hf with another 1.3kw amp to bring the total sub power to 2600w rms. I do need a new battery and alternator. Do you know where would sell batteries that have really high output, like 700cca? I've had the car cut out while driving s few times from having it going too loud so I need to kinda get that sorted before I double the power output and ruin the car completely

well the Rockfords I had always wanted and could never afford when I found a set i as like BOOM sold. The Alpines came outta my old car and IMO the L7 is one of the best subs made and I got a great deal. The quality is perfect I've never had them distort or anything. As for power the birth certificate with the ZX was at 3020w . I was just looking at those yellow top Ultima batteries. Haha yeah don't drive with it extremly loud its more of a party trick/showing off kinda thing haahaha

Nar 3020watt is the exact peak power that my amp produces. Im not sure about the Alt i read somewhere you just get the stock one wound tighter or something best ask an auto sparky lol